Zolent 0.5mg Tab
By TALENT INDIA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zolent tablet is a prescription medication. It is most commonly used for the short term management of several mood disorders. Also, used in lowering symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and in patients with anxiety and depression. All these mood disorders (anxiety or panic attacks) occur due to overstimulation of the nerve cells. Zolent tablet has only one active ingredient: Alprazolam. The mode of action of the Zolent tablet is by balancing the chemical substances in the brain that slows down excessive brain activity and relaxes the overworked nervous system. The proper dosage of Zolent tablet helps relieve the symptoms of mood disorders like fear, anxiety, behaviour problems, etc. Try not to stop using these tablets abruptly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like cramps, profuse sweating, nausea, muscle tremors, stuffy nose, etc. Hence, the dose needs to be slowly tapered. Zolent tablets can cause both physical and psychological dependence. This medicine also has the potential to be habit-forming. Tiredness, sleepiness, dry mouth, weight gain and loss are some of the side effects of the Zolent tablet. Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy while using these tablets....
|You Save||₹5.22 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, panic disorder, anxiety associated with depression|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, Blurred speech, stomach problems, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Change in sex drive|
Check more medicines with composition as Alprazolam(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Zolent 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Zolent tablets are helpful in,
- Immediate or short term management of the symptoms of an Anxiety disorder (resolves symptoms such as restlessness, irritability, tiredness, problems with focusing, etc.)
- Treatment of Panic disorders like panic attacks (helps you feel calm and improves cognitive abilities)
- Treatment for managing anxiety in patients with depression for a short duration
Contraindications of Zolent 0.5 MG
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any component of the Zolent tablet
- If you have been previously known to have issues with alcohol addiction or substance abuse, Zolent tablet has the potential to be habit-forming and can cause physical and psychological dependency
- If you have respiratory depression, which is a slow and steady decline in breathing
- If you have certain respiratory problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
- If you have sudden dizzy spells or are at risk of falling a lot
- If you see sudden mood changes, suicidal thoughts or other harmful behaviour
- If you are using any narcotic or opioid pain relievers
- If you were diagnosed with an eye disorder, closed-angle glaucoma, this medicine could increase the fluid pressure in the eye
- Zolent tablet is not suitable for children younger than 18
Side effects of Zolent 0.5 MG
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
- Balancing problems
Precautions and Warnings of Zolent 0.5 MG
Can I take the Zolent tablet during pregnancy?
No, do not take Zolent tablet without consulting your doctor. Zolent tablets are unsafe during pregnancy. A few studies have concluded that there is a definite risk to the developing unborn baby. Sometimes doctors may prescribe it during serious conditions.
Can I take the Zolent tablet while breastfeeding?
No, consult your doctor first, before taking the Zolent tablet. It is unsafe in breastfeeding women and infants. There is not enough data on the impacts of Zolent tablet on the breastfeeding baby. However, studies suggest that the tablet may pass into the milk and may cause side effects on the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken the Zolent tablet?
No, do not drive after taking Zolent tablet. It can cause adverse effects like drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zolent tablet?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with Zolent tablet. It increases the effects of alcohol. It can change the effectiveness of Zolent medicine and cause increased adverse effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience suicidal thoughts after taking Zolent tablet
- You have a history of lung, kidney, or liver disease
- You are an elderly person over the age of 65. These tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in elderly patients
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, sweating, tremors, nausea, , and confusion. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly. The dose needs to be slowly tapered
- You are planning to have a medical or dental procedure
- You are using oral contraceptives
- You are using any vitamin, herbal, ayurvedic medicines, and supplements. Some of them can interfere with this medicine and can cause adverse effects
Mode of Action of Zolent 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Zolent tablets contain alprazolam as a single ingredient. It belongs to the class group of medicines called tranquillisers and antidepressants. Zolent medicine binds to certain receptors in the brain, increasing the activity of GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid), a chemical messenger (neurotransmitter) in the brain. Promoting the effects of GABA lowers the abnormal and unstable electrical activity of the nerve cells in the brain. Thus, exhibiting calming and relaxing effect....
Directions for Use of Zolent 0.5 MG
- Take Zolent tablets as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change the dose of Zolent tablet, even if you do not see its effects
- Do not try to break this tablet or chew it. Swallow the pill as a whole with a glass of water
- It is better to not take it with other medications without informing your doctor
- Do not use Zolent medicine if its packaging has been already opened
- Do not suddenly stop taking Zolent tablet, as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal
Interactions of Zolent 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use Zolent tablets with antihistamines (allergy medicines), opioid painkillers, sleeping pills, etc., as it can increase drowsiness and fatigue
- Do not take other sedatives or tranquillisers like sertraline, as it enhances the side effects
- Using Zolent tablets along with medicines like antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like amitriptyline and imipramine can increase the side effects of the medications
- Zolent tablets can lower the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills. If you are not planning for a pregnancy, try to use other contraceptive methods
- If you take treatment antifungal medication like itraconazole and ketoconazole. This medicine can reduce their effects
Interactions with food items
- Avoid using a herbal product called St. John's wort, a medicinal herb that helps manage depression, with Zolent tablets
- Try to avoid taking grapefruit and its juice; it reduces the effect of Zolent medicine
Storage and disposal of Zolent 0.5 MG
Store Zolent tablets in a dry area, away from direct sunlight and humid conditions. Keep Zolent tablets away from children and pets. Always try to check the expiration date before taking the tablet. Do not use this medication if it is past its expiration date. Disposal - Please dispose of this medicine's packaging carefully after using it....
Dosage of Zolent 0.5 MG
Zolent tablet overdose can lead to symptoms like extreme sleepiness, dizziness, problems with coordination, liver problems, confusion, loss of balance, difficulty speaking, fits, and loss of consciousness. If you overdose on Zolent medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a hospital closer to you....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of your Zolent tablet, take it as soon as you recall. If its already time to take the next Zolax dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Talk to a doctor if you have any doubts or if you have missed more than a few doses simultaneously. Do not take both of the tablets, as it can lead to some side effects....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: If I am feeling better can I stop using Zolent tablets?
A: No, take Zolent tablets for the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop using it suddenly. It can cause withdrawal symptoms like sweating, nausea, vomiting, irritation, agitation, etc. The dose needs to be slowly tapered to prevent them. Consult your doctor if you want to stop using it.
Q: How long should I use Zolent tablets?
A: Use Zolent tablets for the prescribed duration by the doctor. Do not use it for longer than advised by your doctor. Zolent medicine can cause both physical and psychological dependency when you use it for a long time. Hence, the dosage and duration of zolent tablets should be carefully monitored.
Q: Can I use Zolent tablet if I have seizures?
A: Do not use the Zolent tablet without talking your doctor, especially if you have any seizure disorders. This medicine can interact with other medicines that can worsen the condition or cause side effects. Please consult your doctor for the correct treatment.
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 1]. Available from:
- Ait-Daoud N, Hamby AS, Sharma S, Blevins D. A review of Alprazolam use, misuse, and withdrawal [Internet]. Journal of addiction medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2018 [cited 2022 Mar 1]. Available from:
- Singh T, Rajput MI. Alprazolam as a monotherapy for anxiety and depression [Internet]. Psychiatry (Edgmont (Pa. : Township)). Matrix Medical Communications; 2005 [cited 2022 Mar 1]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 1]. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.