Zocor 10mg Tablets 10`S
Zocor 10 MG Description
Zocor Tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine. It is used for the treatment of high cholesterol and to reduce the risk of a heart-related condition in patients. It contains simvastatin from a class
of medicines called statins. The medicine interferes with the formation of cholesterol or fat in the body. The dose and duration of the medicine are decided by the doctor after accessing the complete medical history. Patients with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that, one must take the medicine on time and follow the lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by the doctor.
Uses of Zocor 10 MG
- For treatment of high blood cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia) along with diet and exercise.
- To reduce the risk of heart diseases in patients who are more likely to get such conditions.
Contraindications of Zocor 10 MG
- If you are allergic to simvastatin or other components of the medicine.
- If you have liver-related problems.
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant and nursing women.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines, anti-HIV medicines, antibiotics, danazol, cholesterol-lowering medicine like gemfibrozil and immunomodulators like ciclosporin, etc. If you are not sure ask the doctor which are these medicines....
Side effects of Zocor 10 MG
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zocor 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes, liver or lung-related problem, obesity or high blood pressure.
- You drink large amounts of alcohol.
- You have ever had muscle problems during treatment with cholesterol-lowering medicines called “statins” or fibrates.
- The chances of getting a muscle-related problem are more common in the elderly (over 65 years of age), females, in patients with hypothyroidism, if you consume a large amount of alcohol, have a family history of muscle problem following use of similar medicines....
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness.
Mode of Action of Zocor 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zocor 10 MG
- Take the medicine as advised by the doctor. Take regularly at the same time.
Interactions of Zocor 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zocor Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines used for heart related problem like amiodarone, amlodipine, verapamil, diltiazem, etc with Zocor may lead to adverse effects. It is recommended to monitor the patient closely. Concomitant use of fusidic acid with this medicine may lead to adverse effects. It is recommended to monitor the patient closely....
- Inform the physician about any other medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid the consumption of grapefruit while on treatment with the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Zocor 10 MG
Dosage of Zocor 10 MG
- An overdose must be immediately reported to the treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Zocor Tablet be crushed?
Q: What for Zocor Tablet used?
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking the medicine?
- Simvastatin 40mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Simvastatin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Simvastatin: a medicine used to lower cholesterol [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]