Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zentor Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It contains levofloxacin.
Zentor Tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking certain vital functions of bacterial cells like growth and replication. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of antibiotic medicine for effective treatment...
Uses of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
Zentor Tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections such as infection of throat, lung, sinus, kidney, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues.
Contraindications of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolones. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant/breastfeeding or are planning to become pregnant.
Side effects of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
- Sleep disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
Can I take the Zentor Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about the use of this medicine in pregnant women. If you conceive while taking this medicine, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take the Zentor Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if levofloxacin can pass into human breastmilk. However, similar medicines can pass into human breastmilk. Hence, Zentor Tablet must not be only be used if prescribed by your doctor, while taking this medicine one should not breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zentor Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances like blurred vision while on treatment with the Zentor Tablet. Avoid driving or use any tools and machines if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zentor Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine. However, long-term use of alcohol can weaken your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult your doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes, psychiatric illness, brain injury, kidney or liver-related problems.
- You have a history of fits, you are above the age of 60 years.
- You are taking steroids.
- You experience low or high blood sugar, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently if you are diabetic and on antidiabetic medicine.
- You experience nervous system-related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You have or had developed an allergic reaction after taking the Zentor Tablet.
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Zentor Tablet should not be used by children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
How Does It Work?
Levofloxacin in the Zentor Tablet prevent bacterial growth by interfering with the vital functions of bacterial cells like protein synthesis that are responsible for growth and development of the bact
Directions for Use of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
Zentor Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if
you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Zentor Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, painkillers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminum, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problems should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with the Zentor Tablet.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid should be used cautiously along with the Zentor Tablet.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
- Store the Zentor Tablet at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Zentor 250 Mg Tablet 10
Symptoms of an overdose are dizziness, nausea, confusion, unconsciousness, fits. Seek immediate medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you have missed any dose of the Zentor Tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed do
se and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting Zentor Tablet?
A: Zentor Tablet can interact with other medicines hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should be taken when using Zentor Tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue the Zentor Tablet treatment immediately and contact yourdoctor....Read more
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking Zentor Tablet if I feel my condition is improving?
A: No, you should not stop taking the Zentor Tablet in the middle of the treatment, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotics must be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Does Zentor Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, you may experience diarrhoea as a side effect after taking the Zentor Tablet. If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- LEVOFLOX Tablets (Levofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 09 Jun 2021 | 12:54 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved