Zendol Plus Tablets
Zendol Plus Tablets Description
Zendol Plus Tablets is an analgesic or pain-relieving medicine. It is used to treat moderate to severe pain. It belongs to a class of medicines called analgesics. It is a combination medicine contai
ning acetaminophen and tramadol. It inhibits the production of chemical which is responsible for pain (prostaglandins).
Uses of Zendol Plus Tablets
Contraindications of Zendol Plus Tablets
- If you are allergic to tramadol, paracetamol or similar medicines or any other ingredients of Zendol Plus Tablets
- If you are suffering from any liver problem
- If you are suffering from epilepsy or fits which is not under control by your current treatment
- If you have a history of acute poisoning with sleeping pills, alcohol, painkillers, or medicines that affect your mood
- If you are taking certain medicines for the treatment of depression or Parkinson’s disease
Side effects of Zendol Plus Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Zendol Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol or tramadol
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney problem
- You have respiratory tract disorders like difficulty in breathing, asthma or lung problems
- You have a history of brain injury
- You experience fits or seizures
- You are taking medicines to treat pain (containing buprenorphine, nalbuphine or pentazocine)
Mode of Action of Zendol Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Zendol Plus Tablets contains acetaminophen/paracetamol and tramadol.
- Analgesics are pain relievers like acetaminophen/paracetamol that prevent the release of particular chemical messengers causing pain.
- Tramadol is a pain reliever that reduces pain perception by inhibiting the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Directions for Use of Zendol Plus Tablets
- Zendol Plus Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zendol Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zendol Plus Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, Parkinson’s disease, allergy, cough, pain or are taking medicines used to stop vomiting.
Storage and disposal of Zendol Plus Tablets
- Store Zendol Plus Tablets s in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zendol Plus Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Zendol Plus Tablets used for?
Q: Can Zendol Plus Tablets make you dizzy?
- Tramadol: False-positive phencyclidine screen and other toxicities: 2 case reports. React Wkly [Internet]. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- Acetaminophen [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- Tramadol and Paracetamol 37.5mg/325mg Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- Tramadol and Paracetamol 37.5mg/325mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]