Zema Kool Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zema Kool Od 1200 MG Description
Zema Kool Od Tablet contains mesalazine (also called mesalamine or 5-Aminosalicylic Acid) as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis (a condition that causes inflamma
ion and ulcers in the linings of your large intestines) and also prevents its symptoms from recurring. Mesalazine works by stopping certain substances in the body that may cause inflammation. Zema Kool Od Tablet should only be taken after consulting a doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children below 6 years old.
|You Save||₹29.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mesalazine / Mesalamine / 5-Aminosalicylic Acid(1200.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ULCERATIVE COLITIS|
Uses of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
Contraindications of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
- If you are allergic to mesalazine or any other ingredients of Zema Kool Od Tablet.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are allergic to salicylates (Diclofenac, aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc).
- If your child is below the age of 6 years.
Side effects of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
- Skin rash, itching
- Chest pain
- Numbness, tingling or pricking sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney related problems.
- You have any lung diseases like asthma.
- You have any problems with your heart (like any allergic reactions).
- You have experienced an allergic reaction while taking sulfasalazine.
- You may develop kidney stones (symptoms like stomach pain, blood in urine) while on treatment with this medicine. Hence you should drink plenty of water.
- Before and during treatment with Zema Kool Od Tablet, your doctor may want to monitor the liver, kidneys, blood and lungs periodically.
- Zema Kool Od Tablet is not recommended for use in children less than 6 years old.
Mode of Action of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
Interactions of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Zema Kool Od Tablet.
- You need to be cautious while simultaneously taking this medicine along with medicines like azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine (used in rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease), thioguanine (used in cancer treatment)....
- This medicine when taken along with blood thinners like warfarin (used to prevent blood clot formation) may decrease the effect of warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
Dosage of Zema Kool Od 1200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Zema Kool Od Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Zema Kool Od Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Is Zema Kool Od Tablet addictive?
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]