Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zedocef CV 200 tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the throat, neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract, and skin. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid as active substances. It works by preventing the growth of the bacteria and also inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. You should take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Always complete the entire course of treatment with antibiotics to prevent the risk of re-infection. Inform your doctor about your medical history and if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹35.40 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
Uses of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
Zedocef CV 200 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of different parts of the body like the urinary tract, lungs, throat, skin, ear, and reproductive tract.
Contraindications of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid, or any of the ingredients of the Zedocef CV 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics like cephalexin. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from fits/seizures.
Side effects of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
Can I take Zedocef CV 200 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited data available about the effect of the Zedocef CV 200 tablet on pregnancy. This tablet should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I take Zedocef CV 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
Zedocef CV 200 tablet may pass into human breast milk. Hence, this medicine should not be taken during breastfeeding, unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zedocef CV 200 tablet?
Zedocef CV 200 tablet may cause dizziness. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Zedocef CV 200 tablet?
Limited information is available on the interaction of alcohol with Zedocef CV 200 tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Zedocef CV 200 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You drink alcohol or alcoholic beverages regularly.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Zedocef CV 200 tablet
Mode of Action of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Zedocef CV 200 tablet works by the combined action of both its components - cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid.
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by preventing the formation of the bacterial cell wall.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates a chemical called beta-lactamase in the bacteria that can prevent cefpodoxime from functioning optimally in the body.
Directions for Use of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
- Zedocef CV 200 tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Zedocef CV 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicines like antacids, ranitidine, cimetidine with the Zedocef CV 200 tablet decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of probenecid with Zedocef CV 200 tablet increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with the Zedocef CV 200 tablet, it may increase the risk of kidney disease
Storage and disposal of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Zedocef CV 200 tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Zedocef CV 200 tablet may include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail the treatment. If you have missed any dose of the Zedocef CV 200 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Zedocef CV 200mg tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection to reoccur and treatment failure.
Q: I have the flu. Can I take Zedocef CV 200mg tablet?
A: Flu is a common cold that is generally caused by viruses. Zedocef CV 200 tablet only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Q: Can I take Zedocef CV 200mg tablet without food?
A: Zedocef CV 200mg tablet should be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach. Also, it enhances the absorption of the medicine. Hence, consuming this medicine on an empty stomach can result in an upset stomach.
Q: Can Zedocef CV 200 tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of the Zedocef CV 200mg tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: Is Zedocef CV 200mg tablet as effective as Cefoprox-CV?
A: Yes, Zedocef CV 200mg tablet is as effective and good as Cefoprox-CV.
Q: What is the use of Zedocef CV 200 tablet?
A: Zedocef CV 200 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of different parts of the body like the urinary tract, lungs, throat, skin, ear, and reproductive tract.
Q: What is the composition of Zedocef Cv 200?
A: Zedocef Cv 200 composition includes cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, as its active component.
Q: Is there any substitute for Zedocef Cv 200?
A: Various brands contain the same composition as Zedocef Cv 200. However, it is advised to take the same brand recommended by the doctor based on your medical history.
Q: Is Zedocef CV 200 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Zedocef CV 200 tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the throat, neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract, and skin.
Q: How to use Zedocef CV 200 tablet?
- Zedocef CV 200 tablet can be taken with or without food. However, it should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take the medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- TAB.C-POX-CL (CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL 200 mg. & CLAVULANATE POTASSIUM 125 mg) [Internet]. Brosenterprise.com. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]
- CEFOPROX CV Tablets / Suspension [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodoxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand