Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
By DR REDDY'S LAB (WOCKHARDT)
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zedex SF syrup is a combination of two different agents namely dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine. It can be used for the treatment of dry cough, cough due to smoking, cough due to allergy, post-operative cough, and night-time cough. Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor. Always Shake well before use. Zedex syrup may cause side effects like drowsiness, headache, dizziness, irritation, inability to concentrate, retention of urine, blurring of vision, dry mouth, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, rashes on skin, photosensitivity reactions, fit attacks. You should also not use this medicine for newborn babies and breastfeeding mothers. This medicine should not be given to patients who are at risk of developing respiratory failure like patients with Pneumonia, during asthma attacks and long-standing lung disease obstructing airways. Prolonged treatment with this medicine may cause dental-related problems so dental hygiene should be taken properly....
|You Save||₹27.50 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine Maleate(2.0 Mg/5ml),Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, headache, blurring of vision|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Chlorpheniramine Maleate(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg/5ml)
Uses of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Zedex syrup can be used for the treatment of dry cough, cough due to smoking, cough due to allergy, post-operative cough, and night-time cough.
Contraindications of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to any of the components of Zedex syrup.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you are at risk of developing respiratory failure like patients with Pneumonia, during asthma attacks and long-standing lung disease obstructing airways.
Side effects of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Inability to concentrate
- Retention of urine
- The blurring of vision
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Can I take Zedex SF syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available for the use of this medicine during pregnancy, so always consult your doctor before taking this medicine during pregnancy or if you are likely to be pregnant in near future.
Can I take Zedex SF syrup while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine may inhibit lactation and other safety data for use during breastfeeding is not available, so always consult your doctor before taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Zedex SF syrup?
This medicine may cause sleepiness, blurring of vision. So, driving vehicles or operating any machines after using this medicine is not recommended.
Can I consume alcohol with Zedex SF syrup?
Consumption of alcohol along with this medicine may cause depression of the nervous activity of the individual. It may also enhance the sedative action of this medicine, so consumption of alcohol with this medicine is not recommended.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a long-standing cough
- You have excessive secretion along with cough
- You have kidney or liver disease
- You have a history of fit attacks
- You have heart disease
- You tend retention of urine
- You have increases eyeball pressure
- You have an enlarged prostate
- You have intestinal obstruction
- You have thyroid disease
- You have an increased blood pressure level.
- Special care should be taken before using this medicine in pediatric age group and elderly patients as they may develop nervous system-related side effects after using this medicine. This medicine should not be used along with medicines used for the treatment of depression. Prolonged treatment with this medicine may cause dental-related problems so dental hygiene should be taken properly....
Mode of Action of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
Zedex syrup contains two different agents namely Dextromethorphan and Chlorpheniramine. Dextromethorphan directly acts on the cough centre in the brain and inhibits cough reflex while Chlorpheniramine blocks actions of allergic mediator, thus both together help in decreasing cough....
Directions for Use of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Always Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking it for any disorder. ...
- This medicine should not be used along with medicines used for the treatment of depression, like Isocarboxazid, Selegiline as it can cause high-grade fever, seeing and hearing which is not real and unconscious. ...
- It may also increase the sedative effects of other medicines when used along with alcohol, sleeping pills, pain killers acting at the brain level, and medicines to treat anxiety.
- It may inhibit the metabolism of medicine named Phenytoin used for fit attacks and increase its toxicity levels in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store this below 30°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
- Do not take this medicine if you see any changes or any signs of deterioration in the packet. Protect this medicine from direct exposure to sunlight.
Dosage of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Always take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Overdose of this medicine can cause unwanted side effects like drowsiness, tiredness, to and from movements of the eyeball, nausea, vomiting, respiratory failure, excitement, shaking of hands, fit attacks, seeing and hearing which is not in real, high-grade fever, dry mouth, facial sweating, cardiac failure, and death. Patients who have taken an overdose of this medicine and experiencing any of the above symptoms due to overdose should immediately report to the emergency room of any nearby hospital for further management....
Missed a Dose
In case you forget to take a dose then contact your doctor and take this medicine as per his/her advice. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take this medicine?
A: Take this medicine for the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: By mistake I took one dose of this medicine after the expiry date, what should I do now?
A: Do not take any medicines beyond the date of expiry. Generally, a single dose after the expiry date is unlikely to cause any major side effects but if you feel uneasy or develop any symptoms consult your doctor.
Q: Is Zedex SF sugar-free?
A: Yes, Zedex SF is a sugar-free syrup.
Q: What is the composition of Zedex Sf?
A: The composition of Zedex SF includes a combination of dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine, as its active ingredient that is used in the treatment of dry cough.
Q: What is Zedex SF used for?
A: Zedex SF is used for the treatment of dry cough, cough due to smoking, cough due to allergy, post-operative cough and night-time cough.
Q: How does Zedex SF cough syrup work?
A: Zedex SF contains two different agents, namely dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine. Dextromethorphan directly acts on the cough centre in the brain and inhibits cough reflex while chlorpheniramine blocks actions of allergic mediator, thus both together help in decreasing cough.
Q: Can Zedex SF be given to children?
A: Zedex SF should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Please refrain from using any medicines for your children without consulting a child specialist.
Q: What are the side effects of Zedex syrup?
A: Drowsiness, headache and blurring of vision are a few side effects of Zedex syrup. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on their own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.