Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup Description
Zedex SF syrup is a combination of two different agents namely dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine. It can be used for the treatment of dry cough, cough due to smoking, cough due to allergy, post-o
perative cough, and night-time cough. Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor. Always Shake well before use. Zedex syrup may cause side effects like drowsiness, headache, dizziness, irritation, inability to concentrate, retention of urine, blurring of vision, dry mouth, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, rashes on skin, photosensitivity reactions, fit attacks. You should also not use this medicine for newborn babies and breastfeeding mothers. This medicine should not be given to patients who are at risk of developing respiratory failure like patients with Pneumonia, during asthma attacks and long-standing lung disease obstructing airways. Prolonged treatment with this medicine may cause dental-related problems so dental hygiene should be taken properly.
|₹23.52 (14% on MRP)
|Chlorpheniramine Maleate(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg/5ml)
|Drowsiness, headache, blurring of vision
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Contraindications of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to any of the components of Zedex syrup.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you are at risk of developing respiratory failure like patients with Pneumonia, during asthma attacks and long-standing lung disease obstructing airways.
Side effects of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Inability to concentrate
- Retention of urine
- The blurring of vision
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You have a long-standing cough
- You have excessive secretion along with cough
- You have kidney or liver disease
- You have a history of fit attacks
- You have heart disease
- You tend retention of urine
- You have increases eyeball pressure
- You have an enlarged prostate
- You have intestinal obstruction
- You have thyroid disease
- You have an increased blood pressure level.
- Special care should be taken before using this medicine in pediatric age group and elderly patients as they may develop nervous system-related side effects after using this medicine. This medicine should not be used along with medicines used for the treatment of depression. Prolonged treatment with this medicine may cause dental-related problems so dental hygiene should be taken properly....
Mode of Action of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Always Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking it for any disorder. ...
- This medicine should not be used along with medicines used for the treatment of depression, like Isocarboxazid, Selegiline as it can cause high-grade fever, seeing and hearing which is not real and unconscious. ...
- It may also increase the sedative effects of other medicines when used along with alcohol, sleeping pills, pain killers acting at the brain level, and medicines to treat anxiety.
- It may inhibit the metabolism of medicine named Phenytoin used for fit attacks and increase its toxicity levels in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store this below 30°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
- Do not take this medicine if you see any changes or any signs of deterioration in the packet. Protect this medicine from direct exposure to sunlight.