Zator Injection 2ml
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zator 20 MG Description
Zator Injection is a medicine that is used in the treatment of high blood pressure or oedema. Zator Injection contains torasemide, also known as a water pill as the active ingredient. This medicine r
emoves the excess fluid from the body in conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease or failure. This medicine will be given under the medical supervision of a doctor or other healthcare professional. Inform your doctor about all the existing medical and medication history.
|You Save||₹4.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Torasemide / Torsemide(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure and edema|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, loss of appetite, dizziness, electrolyte imbalance, pain at injection site|
Check more medicines with composition as Torasemide / Torsemide(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Zator 20 MG
Zator Injection is used to treat high blood pressure and conditions of excess fluid retention in the body due to heart failure, kidney or liver diseases.
Contraindications of Zator 20 MG
- If you are allergic to torasemide, povidone or other ingredients of the Zator Injection.
- If you have kidney disease such as non-passage of urine (anuria).
- If you had or have liver, heart disease or decreased blood volume.
- If you are pregnant or lactating.
- If you are on aminoglycosides or cephalosporins antibiotics like gentamycin, amikacin, ceftriaxone, cefixime, etc.
Side effects of Zator 20 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Pain at the Injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Zator 20 MG
Can I take the Zator Injection during pregnancy?
Zator Injection should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult the doctor.
Can I take the Zator Injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Zator passes into human milk and its effects on the breastfed baby. Hence, it should not be used in breastfeeding as the medicine might decrease milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zator Injection?
You may feel dizzy after taking Zator Injection. Avoid driving if you feel unwell or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zator Injection?
Avoid alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness. Also, in conditions of kidney failure, heart failure and liver problems, alcohol is known to worsen the diseased state. Therefore, it should be better avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience hearing loss.
- You may have kidney, liver disease.
- You may have dehydration, salt imbalance or electrolyte imbalance.
- You may have other underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, gout.
Mode of Action of Zator 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Torasemide acts on the kidneys to eliminate the excess water and salt from the body. It removes excess water, salt from the body and does not affect the electrolyte and acid-base balance of the body.
Directions for Use of Zator 20 MG
- This Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Zator 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Zator Injection works or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medicines for example to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Concomitant use of the medicine with aminoglycoside antibiotics like gentamicin and ethacrynic acid cause an increased risk of ear toxicity, thus avoid, if possible.
- Concomitant use of radiocontrast agents with the medicine result in kidney toxicity.
Storage and disposal of Zator 20 MG
- Store the Zator Injection at room temperature away from sunlight.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zator 20 MG
This Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set-up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this Injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any Dietary restrictions must follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Limit intake of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana and limit intake of meat.
- Avoid packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What should I do if I have dizziness after taking the Zator Injection?
A: Dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting occurs, when you get up suddenly from a lying or sitting position. Slowly getting up helps. If the problem continues or gets worse, check with the doctor.
Q: What is Zator Injection?
A: Zator Injection is a medicine that helps to treat high blood pressure or oedema by removing excess fluid from the body in various conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease or failure.
Q: How does Zator Injection help in the decrease in blood pressure?
A: Zator Injection causes a decrease in blood pressure by excretion of extra salt and water through urine.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed