Zanocin 100mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zanocin 100 MG Description
Zanocin 100mg Tab is an oral tablet containing ofloxacin, belonging to a group called fluoroquinolones, which is used to treat different bacterial infections. The generic name of Zanocin 100mg Tab is
|You Save||₹6.60 (11% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Zanocin 100 MG
Zanocin 100mg Tab uses are to treat several infections such as respiratory or skin infections; stomach and intestinal infections; genital infections in men and women; chlamydial and gonorrhoeal (microorganisms) infection; and urinary tract infections....
Contraindications of Zanocin 100 MG
- If the user is allergic to the medicine or any other fluoroquinolones such as ciprofloxacin /norfloxacin,
- If the user is having fits or has a history of fits
- If the user is having any inflammation or swelling of tendons
- If the user is having allergic conditions like skin rash
- If the user is having swollen lips or tongue leading to difficulty with breathing
- If the user is pregnant, breastfeeding, planning a pregnancy or suspected pregnancy
- If the user is having less than 18 years of age
- If the user has a family history of a disorder affecting red blood cells (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency)
Side effects of Zanocin 100 MG
Zanocin 100mg Tab side effects are: difficulty in vision and pain behind eyes; headache or ringing feeling/sensation in ears; mood and behaviour changes; allergic skin rash with easy bruising and soreness; tendon damage causing pain; and burning sensation and weakness....
Precautions and Warnings of Zanocin 100 MG
Can I take Zanocin 100mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is to be avoided during pregnancy, in suspected pregnancy or if you are planning to get pregnant as its usage is not considered safe.
Can I take Zanocin 100mg Tab while breastfeeding?
The medicine gets into mother's milk and can cause harm to baby; hence, breastfeeding should be avoided or as per physician's advice.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zanocin 100mg Tab?
Driving or using machinery after taking this medicinal tablet is discouraged as the medicine can cause dizziness and person may feel very sleepy while doing the same.
Can I consume alcohol with Zanocin 100mg Tab?
It is advisable to avoid alcohol as administration of this medicine along with alcohol could lead to further sleepiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Consult your physician before taking the medicine in case of liver or kidneys ailments, heart rhythm problems, mental disorders like depression, family history of long QT syndrome, diabetes or nerve involvement (peripheral neuropathy), fits or any history of fits in family, any muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis ) or disorder and tendon or joint disorders....
Mode of Action of Zanocin 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Zanocin 100mg Tab acts by binding to the enzymes on the bacteria and prevent its multiplication by interfering with its DNA.
Directions for Use of Zanocin 100 MG
Zanocin 100mg Tab has to be taken as directed by the physician's prescribed dose. The interval between two doses should be maintained. Plenty of fluids should be taken during its administration period. Dairy products and liquid antacids containing calcium, aluminium zinc are best avoided within two hours before or after taking this medicine as they reduce the effectiveness of medicine...
Interactions of Zanocin 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Similar antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, etc.
- Diuretics (medicine which increases urine output)
- Blood thinners like warfarin, coumadin and jantoven
- NSAIDs like aspirin, naproxen or indomethacin
- Medicines used for other mental disorders and anti-depressants
- Substances containing zinc, magnesium, calcium or aluminium (used for treating acidity)
- Medicines used for controlling heart rhythm like quinidine, sotalol and amiodarone
- Medicines like theophylline (used for lung condition with difficulty in breathing ) and methotrexate (used for different types of cancer)
Interactions with food items
Zanocin 100mg Tab interacts with dairy products and, therefore, should be taken two hours before or after consuming them
Other general Interactions
- Liver or kidneys ailments
- Mental illness
- Myasthenia gravis (disease associated with excessive muscle weakness)
- Diabetic or low blood sugar
Storage and disposal of Zanocin 100 MG
Zanocin 100mg Tab should be stored in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zanocin 100 MG
Zanocin 100mg Tab overdose may result in confusion, dizziness or fits. The physician should be contacted on an immediate basis in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Once the patient recalls it, the missed dose should be taken. But missed dose should be avoided in the case the time overlaps between missed and next doses. Also, it is best that the regular schedule is followed without missing any dose for better results....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Zanocin 100mg Tab useful for viral infection ?
A: The medicine is only effective in stopping the growth of bacteria. It is not useful in the treatment of viral infections such as common cold or flu.
Q: Can Zanocin 100mg Tab be taken with food?
A: The medicine can be taken with or without food.
Q: When is the best time to take Zanocin 100mg Tab?
A: The medicine has to be taken at even time intervals, preferably same time each day for the best effects to be observed.
Q: For how long the medication is prescribed ?
A: The dose and duration of the treatment will depend on the condition being treated and the patient's response to it. The medicine has to be continued till the prescribed dose is over, even if patient feels better. The infection may return if treatment is stopped mid-way.
Q: What things to be kept in mind while taking medication ?
- While taking the medicine, if diarrhoea with mucus or blood develops, the medicine should be stopped. Anti-diarrheal medications are to be avoided while on its prescription.
- Do not modify the dose unless recommended by your doctor. Do not take it longer or shorter than advised. Using the drug when not required or if stopped unless advised can make the infection resistant to the antibiotic....
- Applying sunscreen (SPF30 or 40) to prevent sunburn is necessary, and physician needs to be informed if any allergic skin rash, redness or irritation develops.
- Avoiding driving or the operation of tools or machinery as this medicines can cause sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Avoid taking supplements or antacids containing iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, aluminium two hours before or after taking the medicine.
- Live vaccine (e.g. typhoid vaccine) effectiveness may be compromised while on this medicine; hence, avoid the vaccination while on its treatment.
- Lewin CS, et.al. Bactericidal mechanisms of ofloxacin. 1988.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Ofloxacin 400 mg tablets.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the patient, Ofloxacin 200 mg tablets. Ofloxacin 400 mg tablets (ofloxacin).
- Chaves RG, et al. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. 2004.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed).
- Bar-Oz B, et al. Use of antibiotic and analgesic drugs during lactation. 2003.
- WebMD. Ofloxacin.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed