Wincerex Syrup 100ml
Wincerex Syrup 100ml Description
Wincerex syrup is a cough suppressant formulation. It relieves symptoms like runny nose and sneezing caused by allergies or the common cold. The active ingredients of Wincerex Syp are Chlorpheniramin
e and Codeine. Codeine is an opioid cough suppressant. Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine that relieves watery eyes, runny nose and sneezing. The syrup should be consumed only as per your doctor’s prescription. Do not abruptly start or discontinue using the syrup. Some of the common side effects of Wincerex Syp may include dizziness, drowsiness, feeling light-headed, and confusion. Consult your doctor if any of these symptoms bother you. Take this medicine on a doctor's prescription with caution in children below 18 years and the elderly. Do not self-medicate. This medicine might also cause addiction. This risk may be higher if you’ve a history of addiction. Take this product exactly as prescribed by your doctor to lower the risk of addiction.
Uses of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
- Runny nose
Contraindications of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine or codeine, you should not use this medication.
- If you’ve severe bronchial asthma.
- If you’ve Paralytic ileus (intestinal infections).
- If you've taken monoamine oxide (MAO) inhibitor in the last 14 days
Side effects of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
- Feeling light-headed
- Lack of energy
- Sleep problems
Precautions and Warnings of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You are about to undergo surgery or a medical test.
- Your cough does not improve after 5-7 days, or if you have a fever or headache.
Mode of Action of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
- Read all medicine recommendations on the leaflet.
- Your doctor will decide the frequency and duration of dose administration.
- Using a measuring cup, carefully measure the liquid medicine.
- Never give Wincerex syrup to anyone else, especially if they have a history of medicine abuse or addiction.
Interactions of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Wincerex Syp may interact with the following medicines:
- Heart medicines
- Blood pressure medication
- Seizure medication
Interactions with food items
- Drinking alcohol while using Wincerex syrup may amplify the sedative effects.
Storage and disposal of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
Dosage of Wincerex Syrup 100ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is an alarming side effect of Wincerex syrup?
Q: When using Wincerex syrup, what should I avoid?
Q: Is Wincerex syrup a habit-forming medicine?
- Chlorphenamine: drowsy (sedating) antihistamine [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from
- Chlorpheniramine and codeine [Internet]. Uofmhealth.org. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Chlorphenamine Maleate 10mg/ml Solution for Injection [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from
- DailyMed - CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 4MG tablet, coated [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate Nasal Spray for Chronic Rhinitis [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from
- Serra-Grabulosa JM, Sánchez-Turet M, Grau C. The secondary effects of the antihistamine chlorpheniramine on the central nervous system. Rev Neurol [Internet]. 2002 [cited 2022 Feb 13];34(12):1178–82. Available from
- Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Codeine, phenylephrine, and triprolidine [Internet]. Uofmhealth.org. [cited 2022 Feb 13].
- Center for Drug Evaluation, Research. FDA restricts use of prescription codeine pain and cough medicines [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from: