Welgest 5 MG Description
Welgest Tablet is used to prevent missed pregnancy and premature labour. It is also used for gynaecological disorders such as amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, and premenstrual syndrome. Welgest co
ntains Allylestrenol as an active ingredient which is a man-made form of the female hormone progesterogne. This medicine works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone and is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorder due to imbalance in the hormonal levels. It is not recommended for female children below 16 years. It is advised to discuss with your physician if you ever had undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, terminated pregnancy, or any kind of heart or kidney-related problems before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹48.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Prevent threathened pregnancy, premature labour|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, eye probelm, stomach discomfort|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PREMATURE LABOUR PREVENTION|
Uses of Welgest 5 MG
- To prevent repeated pregnancy loss or missed pregnancy, premature delivery/labour.
- To prevent Intra Uterine Growth Retardation (poor growth of a fetus during pregnancy).
- For the treatment of menstrual problems such as amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, and premenstrual syndrome.
Contraindications of Welgest 5 MG
- If you are allergic to allylestrenol or any component of Welgest Tablet.
- If you have a liver-related problem.
- If you ever had an undiagnosed bleeding, internal bleeding in the brain.
- If you have hormone-dependent cancer like breast cancer, prostate cancer.
Side effects of Welgest 5 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Visual disturbance
- Ulcer in eyes
- Bulging of eyes
Precautions and Warnings of Welgest 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any kind of heart diseases.
- You are breastfeeding or experience migraine headaches.
- You have a sinus problem, breathing difficulty, asthma or infection of the lungs or airways.
- You have kidney dysfunction or a serious liver-related disorder.
Mode of Action of Welgest 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Welgest 5 MG
Interactions of Welgest 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Welgest 5 MG
- Store the medicine below 30°C temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Welgest 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Welgest during pregnancy?
Q: Does Welgest Tablet help you get periods?
- Geston Tablet [Internet]. Squarepharma.com.bd. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- (LactMed) D. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Alia | 5 mg | Tablet | ACME Laboratories Ltd. | Indications, Pharmacology, Dosage, Side Effects and more | MedEx [Internet]. Medex.com.bd. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]