Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vomilast Tablet contains three active ingredients namely Doxylamine, Pyridoxine, and Folic acid. Vomilast Tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Drowsiness, rashes, and itchin
g are common side effects of Doxinate. Take this medicine under the supervision of your doctor and do not stop this medicine on your own....
Uses of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
Vomilast Tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Contraindications of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pyridoxine, Doxylamine, Folic acid or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are consuming medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) to treat depression.
- If you have any liver diseases.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
Side effects of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Blurred vision
- Visual disturbances
- Abdominal pain
- Urinary retention
- Insomnia, nightmares
Precautions and Warnings of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Vomilast Tablet during pregnancy?
You can take Vomilast Tablet during pregnancy when prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Vomilast Tablet while breastfeeding?
Use of Vomilast Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding as doxylamine can pass into milk and can cause unwanted effect such as sedation and irritability in the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vomilast Tablet?
Vomilast Tablet may cause sedation and dizziness. Hence, driving should be avoided after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Vomilast Tablet?
No, severe drowsiness can occur when you consume alcohol with Vomilast Tablet. Hence alcohol consumption should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma or glaucoma, this tablet should be avoided.
- You have a peptic ulcer or any obstruction in the intestine or urinary bladder.
- Avoid driving, and handling any machinery as after taking this medicine you may feel excessively sleepy or drowsy.
Mode of Action of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Vomilast Tablet works by the combined action of Pyridoxine Doxylamine, and Folic acid. Pyridoxine, also is known as vitamin B6, is an important substance for various reactions in the body. The deficiency of pyridoxine may result in nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Doxylamine blocks the natural substances in the body responsible for nausea and vomiting. Folic acid is one of the most essential vitamins that play a vital role in the synthesis of DNA and Amino acid synthesis. It is very important for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of the brain and spinal cord of a growing baby....Read more
Directions for Use of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Vomilast Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably on an empty stomach.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue this tablet without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Vomilast Tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....Read more
- Medicine used to treat psychotic disorders such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), barbiturates and opioid pain killers can worsen the side effects of Vomilast Tablet.
- Avoid taking Doxinate if you are taking sleeping pills.
- Pyridoxine present in Vomilast Tablets can reduce the effects of Levodopa, Phenobarb and Phenytoin.
Interactions with food items
Avoid taking it with food for optimum result.
Storage and disposal of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep Vomilast Tablet away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain.
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Vomilast Strip Of 10 Tablets
In case of an overdose or if you experience symptoms such as restlessness, dryness of mouth, confusion or fast heartbeat, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Vomilast Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dos
e of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Vomilast Tablet without consulting your doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Vomilast Tablet used for?
A: Vomilast Tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Q: Can Vomilast Tablet be taken empty stomach?
A: Yes, Vomilast Tablet can be taken on an empty stomach for better absorption and rapid onset of action.
Q: Can I take 2 Vomilast Tablet in one day?
A: You should always follow your doctor's instructions and take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Do not self medicate with any medicine without consulting your doctor as this may be harmful to you.
Q: Does Vomilast Tablet make you sleepy?
A: Yes, drowsiness is a major side effect of Vomilast Tablet which can make you feel sleepy.
Q: Is it necessary to take Vomilast Tablet during pregnancy?
A: No, it is not necessary to use this medicine during pregnancy. Nausea and vomiting are common in pregnancy. However, use this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor.
Last Updated on: 07 Apr 2021 | 08:26 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved