Viscotrust Solu 5ml
Viscotrust 2 % Description
Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution is used to provide temporary relief from irritation, burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes. It contains carboxymethylcellulose (carmellose) as its main co
mponent. Viscotrust acts as a lubricant and helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using these Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Viscotrust 2 %
Contraindications of Viscotrust 2 %
Side effects of Viscotrust 2 %
- Itching, irritation, redness, burning sensation in the eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Viscotrust 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- You use contact lenses regularly.
- You are using any other eye medications.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eyes.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- You accidentally ingest or swallow Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Viscotrust 2 %
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. A decrease in the production of tears leads to drying of the eyes which can result in irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution due to its high viscosity prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes and reducing the dryness....
Directions for Use of Viscotrust 2 %
- Use Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution as advised by your doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- You should remove your contact lens before using Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using it if has changed its colour or has become cloudy.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after its application.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of Viscotrust 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drops product concomitantly with Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Viscotrust 2 %
- Store Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use these eye drops once its expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Viscotrust 2 %
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution instil the drops as soon as you remember, if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next instillation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution?
Q: Can I use Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution frequently?
Q: Can Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution be used with contact lenses?
Q: Can you use Viscotrust Surgical Eye Solution at night?
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]