Victoza Pen Injection 6ml
Victoza 6 MG Description
Victoza injection is an anti- diabetic medicine. It contains Liraglutide as an active ingredient. It is used for controlling blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes along with diet and lifestyle modifi
cation. It can be used in individuals above 10 years of age. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke or death in patients with type 2 diabetes with heart conditions. It works by stimulating the release of insulin from the pancreas and thereby helps in reducing blood sugar. Individuals with high blood sugar or diabetes are at risk of getting various health complications such as eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke. Hence it is advisable along with taking your diabetes medications regularly, making certain lifestyle changes, regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight can help you control your blood sugar better. You should also regularly check your blood sugar levels.
|You Save||₹798.60 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Victoza 6 MG
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus along with diet and lifestyle modification.
- To reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke or death in type 2 diabetic patients with heart conditions.
Contraindications of Victoza 6 MG
Side effects of Victoza 6 MG
- Nausea or vomiting
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Cold or airways infection
- Low blood sugar
- Low appetite or eating disorder
- Headache & dizziness
- Stomach ache, gas & acidity
Precautions and Warnings of Victoza 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are on dialysis, heart failure, liver problem or kidney failure or disease.
- You have thyroid disorder, thyroid enlargement (Goitre).
- You have a stomach or gut disorder due to which content of your stomach takes too long to pass in the intestine (Gastroparesis).
- You have inflammatory bowel disorder, inflammation of the pancreas (Pancreatitis).
- This medicine should not be used if have type 1 diabetes (your body does not produce any insulin) or diabetic ketoacidosis (a complication of diabetes).
- You are experiencing dehydration (loss of fluid through vomiting or diarrhoea). It is important to avoid dehydration and drink plenty of water.
Mode of Action of Victoza 6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Victoza 6 MG
- Take this injection as per the technique suggested by your doctor or nurse.
- Your doctor will show you the technique before you use it for the first time.
- Victoza injection is to be taken under the skin of the thigh, abdomen or upper arm.
- Do not take Victoza injection in a vein or in muscles.
- Pull a skin, fold up to take this injection.
- Wait for at least 6 sec before removing the needle from the injection site.
- Always rotate the site of injection, do not take concurrent injections at the same site.
- Do not share your injection with other people or use it for injecting other medicines.
Interactions of Victoza 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Frequent monitoring of blood clotting parameters is suggested in individuals taking blood thinners such as warfarin concomitantly with Victoza injection.
- Blood pressure-lowering medicines such as insulin and sulphonylureas (glimepiride or glibenclamide) may lead to a significant reduction in blood glucose and hence patient should be warned of the signs and symptoms of low blood glucose ( cold sweat, headache, fast heartbeat, feeling sick, tremors) ...
- Any other medicine, supplement or herbals, if you are taking or might take, should be informed to your doctor in order to avoid any possible interaction.
Interactions with food items
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet is key to control blood sugar better. Consult your doctor for more information on what kind of diet you should follow since a diabetes diet is not one size fits all. It varies among individuals depending on the severity of disease and comorbidities....
Storage and disposal of Victoza 6 MG
Dosage of Victoza 6 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)