Venlite Od 100mg Tab
By LINUX LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Venlite Od tablet is a prescription medicine. It is primarily used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety disorder. Both are subtypes of mood disorders. Treating the symptoms associated with such mood disorders and improving day to day life of the patient are the main uses of Venlite Od tablets. Venlite Od tablet comprises a single active ingredient: desvenlafaxine. It is an antidepressant medicine. The mode of action of Venlite Od tablets is by increasing certain chemical messengers in the nervous system, which help manage the symptoms of depression and elevate the mood. Venlite Od tablets can cause behavioural changes and increase suicidal thoughts. The medicine also causes physical and psychological dependency if used long-term. So, it is essential to follow the directions for use of Venlite Od tablets and only use them for a short duration. Abrupt stoppage of this medicine is not advised as this can cause withdrawal symptoms....
|You Save||₹39.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Nausea, Vomiting, Anorexia, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Headache, Fatigue, Balance problems, Slight tremor, Anxiety, Confusion, Agitation, Sleep disturbances|
Check more medicines with composition as Desvenlafaxine(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Venlite Od 100 MG
- As per CDSCO, Venlite Od tablets are used in the following conditions:
- Treatment of symptoms of major depressive disorder (improves mood and behaviour)
- Management of anxiety disorder (causes calming effect)
Contraindications of Venlite Od 100 MG
- Do not take Venlite Od tablets or use caution:
- If you have any allergic reactions to the components of this medicine
- If you are already taking other antidepressant medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- If you have any bleeding disorders associated with medicine use
- If you have a condition known as SIADH (Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Secretion); Venlite Od tablets can cause low sodium levels in the body
- If you have kidney or heart conditions; the dose of this medicine should be carefully monitored
- If you have seizures; the dose of this medicine should be carefully monitored
- If you have sudden mood changes or suicidal thoughts after starting treatment with Venlite Od tablets
- If you have been diagnosed with narrow-angle glaucoma (an eye condition that increases fluid pressure inside the eye); this medicine can worsen your condition
- If you have a history of substance or alcohol abuse
- If you are pregnant or planning to conceive
- If you have any respiratory or lung conditions; this medicine causes excess secretions causing breathing problems
- If you are a child or adolescent under 18
Side effects of Venlite Od 100 MG
- Side effects of Venlite Od tablet include:
- Dilated pupils
- Inability to stay still
- Decreased appetite
- Sexual dysfunction
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Venlite Od 100 MG
Can I take Venlite Od tablets during pregnancy?
No. Venlite Od tablets can be unsafe during pregnancy. This medicine may cause difficulty breathing, low muscle tone, and poor circulation in the baby. A few studies have shown a definite risk to the developing foetus. Consult a doctor.
Can I take the Venlite Od tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine is considered unsafe for nursing mothers. There is limited data on the effects of this medication on breastfed babies. Studies suggest that Venlite Od tablets pass into breast milk. Consult a doctor.
Is it ok to drive after taking a Venlite Od tablet?
No. Do not drive after taking Venlite Od tablets. It can cause excessive drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Venlite Od tablets?
No. Never consume alcohol with Venlite Od tablets as it can interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine and result in increased side effects. This combination also aggravates the effects of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an older adult over 65. Venlite Od tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have abruptly stopped using your Venlite Od tablet prescription and are experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as stuffy nose, profuse sweating, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dosage of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered....
- You need to do something that needs steady focus. This medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You have a history of high blood pressure, kidney, or liver conditions.
- You planned for a surgery or dental procedure.
- You are experiencing changes in your sexual desire.
Mode of Action of Venlite Od 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Venlite Od tablet contains desvenlafaxine as its active ingredient. Desvenlafaxine is classified as a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRIs), a type of antidepressant medication. It works by intercepting specific receptors and reducing the reuptake of chemical messengers: serotonin and noradrenaline. These chemicals are responsible for balancing mood. This medicine raises their levels and activity in the body....
Directions for Use of Venlite Od 100 MG
- Take Venlite Od tablets exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not increase the dose, even if you cannot notice any difference.
- You can take Venlite Od tablets with or without food.
- Swallow the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew the tablet.
- Do not take Venlite Od tablets with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- Do not use the medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Venlite Od tablets, as this can cause adverse effects.
Interactions of Venlite Od 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use other sedatives or antidepressant medicines like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) if you use this medicine. Combining them can cause severe reactions. Inform your doctor if you have used these medicines in the last 14 days....
- Taking medicines that increase serotonin, like St John's wort or antidepressants, with Venlite Od tablets can cause serotonin toxicity leading to life-threatening adverse effects.
- Do not take Venlite Od tablets if you use opioid pain relievers, cough medicine, sleeping pills, or antihistamines (allergy medicine) like cetirizine; their combination can cause excessive drowsiness.
- If you are taking any antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., inform your doctor. The dose of Venlite Od tablets may need adjustment.
- Taking blood thinners like warfarin, aspirin, and antiplatelet medicines with Venlite Od tablets can increase the risk of bleeding or bruising.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of coffee and restrict caffeine products. Depression disrupts sleep, and caffeine (a stimulant) can worsen the problem.
Storage and disposal of Venlite Od 100 MG
Store the Venlite Od tablets in a dry place, away from direct sunlight and humidity. Keep the tablets away from children and pets. Dispose of this tablet's packaging carefully after use. Throw away Venlite Od tablets if their package has been opened. Do not use it if the expiration date has passed....
Dosage of Venlite Od 100 MG
Venlite Od tablet overdose can cause dizziness, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, drowsiness, slight tremor, anxiety, changes in blood pressure, confusion, agitation, and sleep disturbances. Large overdoses can also cause mental status changes, changes in heart rate, seizures, and coma. If you overdose on Venlite Od tablets and experience these symptoms, seek emergency medical treatment....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a single dose of Venlite Od tablet, take it as soon as possible. If it's already time to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Never take a double dose. If you have missed more than a few doses, consult your doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Venlite Od tablets once I start feeling better?
A: No. Do not suddenly stop using Venlite Od tablets. This can cause side effects. Consult your doctor first so that the dose can be slowly tapered.
Q: Can I take a Venlite Od tablet if I have a fever?
A: Venlite Od tablets can interfere with antibiotics. Please consult your doctor if you are taking any medicines for your fever.
Q: For how long should I take Venlite Od tablets to see their effects?
A: There is no clear answer on the amount of medicine or time it takes for Venlite Od tablets to show its effects. This is not clinically established and varies from person to person. Do not make any changes to the dose on your own if you do not notice any difference. Consult your doctor.
- Naseeruddin R. Desvenlafaxine [Internet]. StatPearls. US National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- 12-Week Study of Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) Social Anxiety Disorder: Full Text View [Internet]. clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- Liebowitz MR, Tourian KA. Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Desvenlafaxine /D for the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder: A Systematic Review of Clinical Trials [Internet]. Primary Care Companion to the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2010 [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- Desvenlafaxine vs. Placebo Treatment of Chronic Depression: Full Text View [Internet]. clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 9 Mar 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand