Valz 40mg Tablet
Valz 40 MG Description
Valz 40 mg Tablets are generally used in the treatment of the symptoms of depression in adults. Depression is a condition in which a person loses interest in day to day activities. It is a psychiatri
c disorder affecting the mood of a person. Valz 40 mg Tablets contain vilazodone as its chief ingredient. Vilazodone is an antidepressant. It alleviates the symptoms of depression by relaxing and calming the mind. Valz 40 mg Tablets should be consumed only if recommended by a doctor. The dose may vary depending upon age and sex, and the condition for which the medication is prescribed. Valz 40 mg Tablets should be used with caution in people with a known heart, kidney, or liver condition. A dose adjustment may be needed in such patients from time to time. Since Valz 40 mg Tablets can cause dizziness, any activity that requires strenuous physical activity should be avoided. Some people may experience suicidal thoughts while using Valz 40 mg Tablets. Thus, any change in habits or behaviour should be immediately reported to the doctor. Do not discontinue the medicine abruptly as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms like lack of energy, headache, and nausea.
Uses of Valz 40 MG
- Valz 40 mg Tablets are used in,
- Treatment of major depressive disorder in adults
Contraindications of Valz 40 MG
- If you are hypersensitive to active or inactive components of Valz 40 mg Tabs
- If you are pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding a child
- If you have glaucoma
Side effects of Valz 40 MG
- Pain in joints
- Dryness of mouth
- Increase in appetite
- Sexual dysfunction
- Unusual dreams
Precautions and Warnings of Valz 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking other antidepressants
- You are taking any other medications or nutritional supplements
- You are taking sleeping pills
- You are scheduled for dental or any other general surgery
- You consume alcohol regularly
- yYou experience side effects that are persistent or get worse in time
- You have difficulty in breathing
- You are planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- You have been diagnosed with any lung, kidney, or liver disease
- You have any suicidal thoughts after taking Valz 40 mg Tabs
- You have a history of seizures
- Valz 4o mg Tabs should be administered to those under 18 years with caution
Mode of Action of Valz 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Valz 40 MG
- Take the recommended dose of Valz 40 mg Tablets with food.
- Swallow Valz 40 mg Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not chew, break, or crush it.
- Avoid using Valz 40 mg Tablets if the seal of the packet is not intact.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take Valz 40 mg Tablets at the same time every day for the prescribed duration.
- Do not allow anyone else to use your medications as dosage amounts may vary from person to person.
- Do not stop taking or alter the dosage of Valz 40 mg Tablets without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Valz 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with interaction with other medicines, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Valz 40 mg Tablets are known to interact with the following medicines.
- Benzodiazepines- risk of adverse side effects can increase
- Aceclofenac- risk of getting high blood pressure gets increased
- Apixaban- metabolism of Valz 40 mg Tablets get decreased
- Bumadizone- risk of getting high blood pressure gets increased
- Butorphanol- risk of adverse side effects can increase
- Cyclosporine- metabolism of Valz 40 mg Tablets get decreased
Interactions with food items
- No adverse interaction of Valz 40 mg Tablets with any food is known yet. However, you should follow the dietary instructions as advised by your doctor. In case of any gain in weight, consult a dietician and exercise regularly....
Storage and disposal of Valz 40 MG
Dosage of Valz 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am using monoamine oxidase inhibitors. Can I take Valz 40 mg Tablets?
Q: I have a history of liver and kidney disease. Should I take Valz 40 mg Tablets?
Q: Can Valz 40 mg Tablets have an influence on my sex life?
- 2022. [online] Available at: <https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs> [Accessed 20 March 2022].
- Drugs, H., 2022. Vilazodone: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a611020.html> [Accessed 20 March 2022].
- Vsearch.nlm.nih.gov. 2022. MedlinePlus - Search Results for: vilazodone. [online] Available at: <https://vsearch.nlm.nih.gov/vivisimo/cgi-bin/query-meta?v%3Aproject=medlineplus&v%3Asources=medlineplus-bundle&query=vilazodone&_gl=1*14c7tob*_ga*OTA0MDAzMzIxLjE2NDI2Mjc4NjY.*_ga_7147EPK006*MTY0NzgwMjQzMi41NS4wLjE2NDc4MDI0MzIuMA..*_ga_P1FPTH9PL4*MTY0NzgwMjQzMi4xLjAuMTY0NzgwMjQzMi4w&_ga=2.140681398.546537244.1647802433-904003321.1642627866> [Accessed 20 March 2022].