Utamide 50mg Tablet
Utamide 50 MG Description
Utamide Tablet contains Bicalutamide as its active ingredient. It is used in male patients to treat prostate cancer. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescrib
ed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking Utamide Tablet unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before starting this Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
Uses of Utamide 50 MG
Contraindications of Utamide 50 MG
Side effects of Utamide 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, gas
Precautions and Warnings of Utamide 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any liver diseases.
- You are taking medicines like warfarin, heparin to treat blood clots.
- You have problems with your heart and are on treatment for the same.
- You have diabetes and are using medicines like goserelin, buserelin, leuprorelin, triptorelin, etc.
- You or your partner need to use proper birth control measures for at least 130 days after the final dose of Utamide.
- It should not be used by children or women.
Mode of Action of Utamide 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Utamide 50 MG
- Utamide Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Utamide 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Utamide Tablet.
- This Tablet should not be used concomitantly along with terfenadine, astemizole (used to treat allergy) and cisapride (used to treat heartburn, indigestion).
- Medicines like Diltiazem, Nifedipine (used to treat high blood pressure and other heart problems), ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with cimetidine (used to treat stomach problems) and ketoconazole (an antifungal medicine) could lead to an increase in side effects and thus should be used cautiously....
- Other medicines like warfarin, quinidine, amiodarone, sotalol (used to treat heart rhythm problems), methadone (used for pain relief), moxifloxacin (antibiotic), risperidone, clozapine (used to treat psychiatric illness) should be used with caution along with Utamide Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Utamide 50 MG
Dosage of Utamide 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Utamide Tablet?
Q: Should Utamide Tablet be taken with or without food?
Q: How long to take Utamide Tablet?
- Casodex Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Casodex Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Bicalutamide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]