Urdox 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Urdox 500 MG Description
Urdox Tablet is used for the treatment of certain types of cancer. It contains hydroxyurea as its active medicine. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and
for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Urdox 500 MG
Contraindications of Urdox 500 MG
- If you have allergy to hydroxyurea or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of any blood-related problems.
- If you are suffering from severe anaemia.
Side effects of Urdox 500 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Urdox 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have a history of gout, ulcers of the leg.
- You are pregnant.
- You have previously undergone radiotherapy or chemotherapy or are currently taking any other medicines for cancer treatment, especially interferon therapy.
- You have a folic acid deficiency.
Mode of Action of Urdox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Urdox 500 MG
- Urdox Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Urdox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Urdox Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially anti-HIV medicines and some vaccines. If you recently had a vaccination or are planning to have one, tell your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Urdox 500 MG
Dosage of Urdox 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Urdox Tablet on my own?
Q: How many Urdox Tablet can I take in a day?
- Hydrea 500 mg Hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Hydrea 500 mg Hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]