Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
By UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD
3.7ml Nasal Spray in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml Description
Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray is a medication containing calcitonin used to treat post menopausal osteoporosis and Paget's disease. It helps in strengthening the bone and reduces the risk of fracture.
|Uses||postmenopausal osteoporosis, Paget's disease|
|Side effects||nasal irritation, runny nose, sneezing , itching, back pain, headache|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Calcitonin
Uses of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
- Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Paget's disease
Contraindications of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
- Allergy to calcitonin or any of the excipients
- Patients with a low amount of calcium in the blood
Side effects of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
- Nasal congestion
- Nasal irritation
- Runny nose
- Back pain
- Nose bleed
- Allergic reaction
- Swelling of tongue and throat
- Inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses
Precautions and Warnings of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
Can I use Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray during pregnancy?
There are no adequate or well-controlled studies on pregnant women. Therefore, Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray should be avoided and only used if considered absolutely necessary by the physician.
Is it safe to take Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray while breastfeeding?
It is not known whether calcitonin is excreted in breast milk. The risk to the infant cannot be excluded; therefore, it should not be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray?
Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray does not influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray?
The safety of consuming alcohol with Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray has not been established. Please consult your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to calcitonin or any other excipients
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions
- You have low calcium in the blood
- You have a respiratory disorder
- You are taking other prescription, non-prescription, herbal, nutritional supplements, vitamins or minerals
Mode of Action of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
How Does It Work?
Calcitonin prevents the breaking of the bone and increases bone density by inhibiting the action of osteoclasts, which are responsible for breaking down bone and worsening the condition.
Directions for Use of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
- Follow your doctor's advice for directions for use
- The directions could be used found on the nasal spray bottle
- Open the cap of the bottle, tilt the bottle and place the nozzle in one nostril
- Press the bottle to release the medicated spray
- It is recommended to inhale the medication from the alternate nostril everyday
Interactions of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of lithium and calcitonin may lead to a reduction in plasma lithium levels
- Co-administration of cardiac glycosides or calcium channel blocking agents with calcitonin should be avoided
- An additive calcium-lowering effect can be seen when calcitonin is used in combination with bisphosphonates
Storage and disposal of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
- Store in temperature between 2 - 8°C
- Do not freeze
- Keep the medication away from direct heat
- Throw away the medication after 30 doses
Dosage of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray 3.7ml
As the medication is in the form of nasal sprays, no instances of overdose have been reported. However, if you feel nauseated or have trouble breathing, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take the inhalation medicine as soon as possible. However, if your next dose is approaching, go back to your regular dosage regimen. Do not inhale twice the dose prescribed at once....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there anything I should do before using Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray?
A: Before initiating the treatment, you should inform the doctor about previous allergic reactions, medical and surgical history, allergies and current prescription or non-prescription medication.
Q: Should I follow any special dietary instructions during medication?
A: You should make sure you get enough calcium and vitamin D during the course of Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray medication.
Q: Can Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray be used in children with bone disorders?
A: As Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray is to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis, there is no data to support the use of this medication in children. Therefore, Unicalcin Ns Nasal Spray should not be given to pediatric patients.
- Miacalcin. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/020313s036lbl.pdf
- Fortical. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/021406s016lbl.pdf
- Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Spray: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601031.html
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed