U Fixim 200mg Tablet
U Fixim 200 MG Description
U Fixim Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear an
d cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. U Fixim Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
- Sefjim 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zee Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.00₹ 52.7031.38% CHEAPER₹ 5.27/Tablet
- Milixim 200mg TabletBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.17₹ 69.849.11% CHEAPER₹ 6.98/Tablet
- Cefilab 200mg TabletBy Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.71₹ 73.454.3% CHEAPER₹ 7.35/Tablet
Uses of U Fixim 200 MG
- U Fixim Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of U Fixim 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of U Fixim Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of U Fixim 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of U Fixim 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking U Fixim Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using U Fixim Tablet.
Mode of Action of U Fixim 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of U Fixim 200 MG
- U Fixim Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of U Fixim 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way U Fixim Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- U Fixim Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of U Fixim 200 MG
- Store U Fixim Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of U Fixim 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take U Fixim Tablet for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking U Fixim Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take U Fixim Tablet if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking U Fixim Tablet?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]