Troydantin 100mg Capsule
Troydantin 100 MG Description
Troydantin Capsule is an antibiotic, used to treat and prevent uncomplicated urinary tract infections, caused by infection-causing bacteria. Urinary tract infection is a common infection that happens
when microbes enter the urethra, it is characterised by burning sensation or pain while urinating. Troydantin Capsule consists of nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infection.You should always complete the course of treatment, as incomplete treatment may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Uses of Troydantin 100 MG
Contraindications of Troydantin 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredient of Troydantin Capsule.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems including jaundice.
- If you suffer from a blood-related disorder called acute porphyria.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- This medicine should not be used in children.
Side effects of Troydantin 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Troydantin 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any respiratory system, kidney, liver-related problems.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Troydantin.
- You suffer from anaemia, diabetes or vitamin B deficiency or electrolyte imbalance.
- You develop any brain, kidney or liver-related problem after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Troydantin 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Troydantin 100 MG
- Troydantin Capsules should be taken as advised by your doctor
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, or milk. Take this medicine with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Troydantin 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with the Troydantin Capsule or this Capsule itself can affect the way other medicines works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking.
- Especially, if you are taking antacids, water pills and antigout medicines such as probenecid and sulfinpyrazone.
Storage and disposal of Troydantin 100 MG
- Store the Troydantin Capsules in a cool and dry. Protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the sight of children and pets.
- Discard off the unused and expired medicine appropriately. Do not flush the medicine into the sink.
Dosage of Troydantin 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Troydantin Capsules be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I stop taking the Troydantin Capsule if I feel I am recovering?
- CDSCO | Nitrofurantoin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Macrobid ® Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Suffering from a urinary tract infection? [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]