Trenaxa 500mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Trenaxa 500 MG Description
Trenaxa 500 tablet medicine is an anti-fibrinolytic that contains tranexamic acid as an active ingredient. The medicine stops the breakdown of blood clots and is used to stop bleeding in diseases or
conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body such as menses (periods), surgical procedure, nose bleed, internal bleeding. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not take it for more than the prescribed dose. Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic, have kidney or blood diseases, fits. Take as instructed by the doctor.
|You Save||₹15.63 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tranexamic Acid(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Excessive menstrual bleeding|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Tranexamic Acid(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Trenaxa 500 MG
- Trenaxa 500 tablet is used to reduce bleeding in menses (during periods).
- It is used to treat abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure.
- It is used to reduce bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis.
- It is used to control internal bleeding in the body due to abnormal blood clotting mechanisms.
Contraindications of Trenaxa 500 MG
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or other ingredients of the Trenaxa 500 tablet.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have convulsions or fits.
- If you suffer from blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendency.
- If you have an episode or diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called thromboembolic diseases like a heart attack or paralysis due to clots in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in the lower limbs, etc....
Side effects of Trenaxa 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Trenaxa 500 MG
Can I take Trenaxa 500 tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy as there is little information about the effects of the medicine in human pregnancy. The doctor may prescribe you the medicine if it has more advantages than risks. Consult the doctor before using the medicine.
Can I take Trenaxa 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into milk in a small amount. If a breastfeeding mother needs tranexamic acid, This is not a reason to discontinue breastfeeding. Close monitoring and medical assistant of the breastfed infant is required until more data regarding safety becomes available. Consult with the physician before initiating the medication during breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Trenaxa 500 tablet?
The medicine does not directly affect alertness levels. One must watch out for signs of blurring of vision or loss of colour vision, which may appear as a side effect of the medication. Eye check-ups are required in patients taking long-term treatment with tranexamic acid.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Trenaxa 500 tablet?
No information is available on the effect of alcohol along with the medicine. Consult the physician if you drink regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from kidney disease.
- You are passing blood in the urine.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills.
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or family history.
- You suffer from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods.
- You experience visual disturbances, you must stop the medications and consult the doctor.
- You may require eye checks if you are consuming the medicine for a long time on a doctor's prescription.
Directions for Use of Trenaxa 500 MG
- Take the medicine as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, crush or chew the medicine.
- You must take the medicine, at the same time and without fail as directed by the doctor.
- You must not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor. If bleeding does not stop, contact the doctor, you may need evaluation.
Storage and disposal of Trenaxa 500 MG
- Store at a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Avoid using expire or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Trenaxa 500 MG
If you end up taking a dose higher than prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting or dizzy or light-headed upon standing. A headache may accompany this. A high dose may lead to convulsions, low blood pressure. If you experience the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the medicine, contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of the medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed taking a dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Mode of Action of Trenaxa 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Blood clots form in the body due to bleeding. Tranexamic acid in medicine is called an anti-fibrinolytic agent. It controls and reduces bleeding by preventing the formation of the enzymes that break down the clotted blood....
Interactions of Trenaxa 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medications affect the way Tranexa 500mg tablet works or Tranexa 500mg tablet affects the action of other medications when taken together.
- The effect of Trenaxa 500 tablet will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) that inhibit clot formations.
- The effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with the medicine, promotes blood clot formation which is harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform the physician if you are taking birth control pills....
- You must inform the doctor if you are taking other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which medicines I can use to control heavy bleeding during menses?
A: Medicine is the first line of management of heavy bleeding. Other treatments like oral contraceptive pills, intrauterine contraceptive devices or hormones may be given to regulate cycles. The doctor will take into consideration factors like age, family planning status, sonography reports and hormone levels to decide the appropriate line of management for you.
Q: Can I take the medicine to avoid getting menses?
A: The menstrual cycle is regulated by female hormones like estrogen, progesterone and luteinizing hormone. Other hormones like prolactin and thyroid hormones affect menstrual cycles. The medicine controls the bleeding during menses and is not recommended for controlling or stopping the menstrual cycles. Consult the gynaecologist for controlling menses.
Q: For how long can I take Trenaxa 500 medicine?
A: You suffer from repeated heavy menstrual cycles, Consult a gynaecologist. The medicine controls the blood flow, it does not correct the hormonal imbalance or other conditions that are responsible for causing the excessive flow. It is better to consult the gynaecologist and get a check-up done.
Q: Can Trenaxa 500 medicine help to get relief from stomach pain during menses?
A: Stomach pain during menses occurs as the uterus contracts strongly giving rise to uterine cramps. Menses resulting from the shedding of the inner uterine lining leads to the formation of chemical mediators. These mediators induce abdominal cramps. The medicine does not inhibit the action of the mediators and does not have a direct pain killer effect. The medicine is used to control bleeding. The bleeding subsides, the pain slowly reduces.
Q: Can Trenaxa 500 medicine be used to control post-menopausal bleeding?
A: Post-menopausal bleeding is never considered normal. There is always a disorder that leads to post-menopausal bleeding. First, diagnose the disorder and then treat it. Post-menopausal bleeding must never be ignored and a gynaecologist must be consulted.
Q: What are the side effects of Trenaxa?
A: Diarrhoea, vomiting, and nausea are a few common side effects that individuals might experience after taking this medicine.
Q: Is Trenaxa a steroid?
A: No, Trenaxa is not a steroid.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 28 December 2021]
- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 December 2021]
- Tranexamic Acid 500 mg film coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 December 2021]
- Tranexamic Acid [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 December 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed