Trapic 500mg Tablet
Trapic 500 MG Description
Trapic 500mg tablet is an anti-fibrinolytic medicine that contains tranexamic acid as its active ingredient. This medicine acts by stopping the rapid breakdown of blood clots and is used to stop blee
ding in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it, have any kidney or blood diseases or have a history of fits. This medicine should be taken as instructed by the doctor. Take Trapic tablet in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Trapic 500 MG
- Trapic 500mg tablet is used to reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods).
- To treat abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure.
- To reduce bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis.
- To control internal bleeding in the body due to abnormal blood clotting mechanisms.
Contraindications of Trapic 500 MG
Side effects of Trapic 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Trapic 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from kidney disease.
- You are passing blood in the urine.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills.
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or a family history of the same.
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods.
- If you experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately.
- You may require regular eye checks if you are consuming this medicine for a long time on a doctor's prescription.
Mode of Action of Trapic 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trapic 500 MG
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, crush or chew the medicine. You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. If bleeding does not stop, contact your doctor, you may need further evaluation....
Interactions of Trapic 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interactions.
- The effect of Trapic 500mg tablet will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with this medicine, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....
Storage and disposal of Trapic 500 MG
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Trapic 500 MG
- If you accidentally end up taking a dose higher than that prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting or be dizzy or light-headed upon standing. A headache may also accompany this. A very high dose may also lead to convulsions, low blood pressure....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember it.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.