Trapic 500mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Trapic 500mg Tablet is an anti-fibrinolytic medicine that contains tranexamic acid as its active ingredient. This medicine acts by stopping the rapid breakdown of blood clots and is used to stop bleed
ing in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it, have any kidney or blood diseases, a history of fits. This medicine should be taken as instructed by the doctor. Take it in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
Uses of Trapic 500mg Tablet
- Trapic 500mg Tablet is used to reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods).
- To treat abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure.
- To reduce bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis.
- To control internal bleeding in the body due to abnormal blood clotting mechanism.
Contraindications of Trapic 500mg Tablet
If you are allergic to Tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of the Trapic 500mg Tablet. If you have kidney diseases. If you have a history of convulsions or fits. If you have blood disorders kn
own to increase blood clotting tendency. If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called thromboembolic diseases. E.g. Heart attack or paralysis due to a clot in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs, etc....
Side effects of Trapic 500mg Tablet
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Muscle pain
- Blurred vision
- If you are allergic to this medicine, signs of allergy like rashes, itching, red swollen blistered skin with or without a fever may be seen.
- The signs of severe allergy may include breathlessness, hoarseness of voice, swelling of lips and the mouth and rarely abdominal pain.
- Rarely, convulsions or fits
Precautions and Warnings of Trapic 500mg Tablet
Can I take the Trapic 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Trapic 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into the breastmilk in small amounts. If a breastfeeding mother requires tranexamic acid, it is not a reason to discontinue breastfeeding. However, close monitoring and medical supervision of the breastfed infant is recommended until more data regarding its safety becomes available. It is advisable to consult a doctor before initiating the medication during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Trapic 500mg Tablet?
This medicine does not directly affect the alertness levels. However, one should watch out for signs of blurring of vision or loss of colour vision, which may appear as a side effect of this medication. Hence, regular eye check-ups are recommended in patients taking long-term treatment with tranexamic acid.
Can I consume alcohol with the Trapic 500mg Tablet?
There is no data regarding interactions between this medicine and alcohol. However, this does not rule out the possibility of interactions and it is better to avoid alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from kidney diseases.
- You are passing blood in the urine.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills.
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same.
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods.
- If you experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately.
- You may require regular eye checks if you are consuming this medicine for a long time on a doctor's prescription.
Mode of Action of Trapic 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Blood clots form in the body in response to bleeding. This medicine works by stopping the rapid breakdown of these blood clots by inhibiting the enzymes that break down these clots. Hence, it helps to
stop excessive bleeding....
Directions for Use of Trapic 500mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, crush or chew the medicine. You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. If bleeding does not stop, contact your doctor, you may need further evaluation....Read more
Interactions of Trapic 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interactions.
- The effect of Trapic 500mg Tablet will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with this medicine, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....Read more
Storage and disposal of Trapic 500mg Tablet
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Trapic 500mg Tablet
- If you accidentally end up taking a dose higher than that prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting or be dizzy or light-headed upon standing. A headache may alsoaccompany this. A very high dose may also lead to convulsions, low blood pressure....Read more
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which medicines can be used for controlling heavy bleeding during menses?
- This medicine will usually be the first line of management for heavy bleeding. However, other treatment options like oral contraceptive pills, intrauterine contraceptive devices or hormones may also be given to regulate cycles. The doctor will take into consideration various factors like your age, family planning status, sonography reports and hormone levels to decide the most appropriate line of management for you....Read more
Q: Can I take the progesterone and Trapic 500mg Tablet together?
- Trapic 500mg Tablet is usually prescribed to control excessive bleeding during menses. Your dose will be escalated based on the severity of your symptoms. However, for women who have repeated heavy cycles and other signs of hormonal imbalance, progesterone pills maybe started to regulate the hormonal imbalance. This shall be done after evaluating your menstrual cycle, medical history and hormone levels by your gynaecologist....Read more
Q: Can I take this medicine to avoid getting menses?
- The menstrual cycle is regulated by various female hormones like estrogen, progesterone and luteinizing hormone. Other hormones like prolactin and thyroid hormones also indirectly affect the menstrualcycles. This medicine is effective only in controlling excessive bleeding during menses and is not recommended for controlling or stopping regular menstrual cycles. It is advisable to consult your gynaecologist for controlling menses....Read more
Q: For how many cycles can Trapic 500mg Tablet be taken?
- If you are suffering from repeated heavy menstrual cycles, it is advisable to consult a gynaecologist. Though this medicine will control the excessive blood flow, it does not correct the underlying hormonal imbalance or other conditions that are responsible for causing the excessive flow. Hence, it is better to consult your gynaecologist and get a check-up done....Read more
Q: Can Trapic 500mg Tablet help me to get relief from stomach pain during menses?
- Stomach pain during menses is induced as the uterus contracts strongly giving rise to uterine cramps. Menses result from the shedding of the inner uterine lining that leads to the formation of variouschemical mediators. These mediators induce abdominal cramps. This medicine does not inhibit the action of these mediators and hence as such does not have a direct pain-killer effect. This medicine is basically used to control bleeding. However, as the bleeding subsides, the pain slowly reduces....Read more
Q: Can Trapic 500mg Tablet be used to control post-menopausal bleeding?
- Post-menopausal bleeding is never considered normal. There is always an underlying disorder that leads to post-menopausal bleeding. It is important first to diagnose the disorder and treat it for thesame. Post-menopausal bleeding should never be ignored and a gynaecologist should be immediately consulted....Read more
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved