Pause 500mg Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pause 500 contains tranexamic acid as an active ingredient. Tranexamic acid is used to stop bleeding in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body.
Uses of Pause 500mg Tablet
- To reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods)
- To treat abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure
- To reduce bleeding from nose known as epistaxis
- To control internal bleeding in the body due to abnormal blood clotting mechanism
- During and following tooth extractions in patients suffering from a bleeding disorder named haemophilia
Contraindications of Pause 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have kidney disease, as it may lead to a reduction in the elimination of the active medicine from the body leading to its accumulation which can lead to toxic effects hence not to be used in severe kidney disease, in mild to moderate kidney disease the medicine can be used with proper suggestions that have been recommended by the doctorread less
- If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called as thromboembolic diseases. Eg. Heart attack or paralysis due to clot in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs etc.read less
- If you have a history of convulsions or fits
- If you have blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendency
Side effects of Pause 500mg Tablet
- Vision disturbances related to colour like blurred vision
- If you are allergic to this medicine, signs of allergy like rashes, itching, red swollen blistered skin with or without fever may be seen
- The signs of severe allergy may include breathlessness, hoarseness of voice, swelling of lips and mouth and rarely abdominal pain
- Rarely, convulsions or fits
Precautions and Warnings of Pause 500mg Tablet
Can I take Pause 500 during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of Pause 500 in human pregnancy
- It is known to cross the placenta and is found in the cord blood at concentrations equal to that in maternal blood
- It should be used when prescribed considering that the benefit of taking this medicine outweighs the risk
- It is better to consult your doctor before taking this medicine in pregnancy
Can I take Pause 500 while breastfeeding?
- Pause 500 passes into human milk in a small amount
- If a breastfeeding mother requires tranexamic acid, it is not a reason to discontinue breastfeeding. However, close monitoring and medical supervision of the breastfed infant is recommended until more data regarding safety becomes availableread less
- It is advisable to consult a doctor before initiating the medicine during breastfeeding
Can I drive if I have consumed Pause 500?
Pause 500 does not directly affect alertness levels. Hence, driving is not contraindicated if taking this medicine. However, one should watch out for signs of blurring of vision or loss of colour vision which may appear as a side effect of this medication. Hence, regular eye check-ups in patients taking long term treatment with tranexamic acid are recommended.
Can I consume alcohol with Pause 500?
There is no data regarding interactions between Pause 500 and alcohol. However, this does not rule out the possibility of interaction and it is better to avoid alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are suffering from kidney disease
- If you are passing blood in urine, Pause 500 should be used with care and only if prescribed by your doctor as there are chances of obstruction to the passage of urine due to obstruction by blood clotsread less
- If you have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same, use Pause 500 only if it is prescribed to you by a doctor and insist on close monitoring of your health
- If you are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods
- If you are taking oral contraceptive pills, as you should consult your doctor before consuming oral contraceptive pills and Pause 500 together as there are increased chances of blood clot formation in your blood vesselsread less
- If you experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately
- You may require regular eye checks to be done if you are consuming Pause 500 for a long time on doctor's prescription
Mode of Action of Pause 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Blood clotting is a complex process and involves various enzymes in different steps. Tranexamic acid is a structural analogue of an amino acid lysine which an important for blood clotting process. Tranexamic acid helps in arresting bleeding by binding to certain receptors where lysine binds, inhibiting the enzymes that break down these clots. Hence, it helps to stop excessive bleeding.
Directions for Use of Pause 500mg Tablet
Take this medicine as told by your doctor with a sufficient amount of water, and swallowed whole. Do not crush or chew the tablets. You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. If bleeding does not stop, contact your doctor, you may need further evaluation
Interactions of Pause 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of Pause 500 will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin)
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with Pause, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pillsread less
Storage and disposal of Pause 500mg Tablet
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed
Dosage of Pause 500mg Tablet
- If accidentally you end up taking a dose higher than prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting or be dizzy or light-headed upon standing. A headache may also accompany this. A very high dose may also lead to convulsions, low blood pressureread less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can cough syrup be taken with Pause 500?
A: Pause 500 is a relatively safe medication and the use of cough syrup along with it has not been reported to have any adverse effects. However, in case of any signs of sickness after the consumption of medicines together, consult your doctor immediately.
Q: What medicines can be used for controlling heavy bleeding during menses?
A: Pause 500 will usually be the first line of management of heavy bleeding. However, other treatment options like oral contraceptive pills, intrauterine contraceptive devices or hormones may also be given to regulate cycles. The doctor will take into consideration various factors like your age, family planning status, sonography reports and hormone levels to decide the most appropriate line of management for you.
Q: Can I take progesterone and Pause 500 together?
A: Pause 500 is usually prescribed to control excessive bleeding during menses. Your dose will be escalated based on the severity of your symptoms. However, women who have repeated heavy cycles and other signs of hormonal imbalance Progesterone pills maybe started to regulate the hormonal imbalance. This shall be done after evaluating your menstrual cycle, medical history and hormone levels by your gynaecologist.
Q: Can I take Pause 500 to avoid getting menses?
A: The menstrual cycle is regulated by various female hormones like estrogen, progesterone and luteinizing hormone. Other hormones like prolactin and thyroid hormones also indirectly affect menstrual cycles. Pause 500 is effective only in controlling excessive bleeding during menses and is not recommended for controlling or stopping regular menstrual cycles. It is advisable to consult your gynaecologist for controlling menses.
Q: For how many cycles can Pause 500 be taken?
A: If you are suffering from repeated heavy menstrual cycles, it is advisable to consult a gynaecologist. Though Pause 500 will control the excessive blood flow, it does not correct the underlying hormonal imbalance or other conditions that are actually responsible for causing the excessive flow. Hence, it is better to consult your gynaecologist and get a check-up done.
Q: Can Pause 500 help me to get relief from abdominal pain during menses?
A: Abdominal pain during menses is induced as the uterus contracts strongly giving rise to uterine cramps. Menses result from the shedding of the inner uterine lining which leads to the formation of various chemical mediators. These mediators induce abdominal cramps. Pause 500 does not inhibit the action of these mediators and hence as such does not have a direct pain killer effect. This medicine is basically used to control bleeding. However, as the bleeding subsides, the pain slowly reduces.
Q: Can Pause 500 be used to control post-menopausal bleeding?
A: Post-menopausal bleeding is never considered normal. There is always an underlying disorder which leads to post-menopausal bleeding. It is important to first diagnose the disorder and treat for the same. Post-menopausal bleeding should never be ignored and a gynaecologist should be immediately consulted.
Q: Can I take paracetamol while I am taking Pause 500 mg?
A: No specific interactions have been observed between paracetamol and tranexamic acid. As every individual may have a unique physiological response, it is advised that you consult your doctor before use of this medicine.
Q: Should I take Pause 500 with or without food?
A: Take this medicine as recommended by your gynaecologist. Make sure you maintain a fixed time for taking the medicine daily.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 12 Feb 2021 | 12:28 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved