Pause 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Pause 500 MG Description
Pause 500 tablets are used to prevent excessive bleeding in conditions that cause bleeding from the body, such as nosebleeds, surgery, menstruation, and internal bleeding. The active ingredient in this medication is tranexamic acid, which belongs to a class of medicines known as antifibrinolytics. Pause 500 works by preventing the breakdown of clots, thereby stopping the bleeding. It is important to follow the doctor's instructions when taking this medicine, including the recommended dose and duration. To avoid stomach discomfort, take Pause 500 with food. Do not exceed the prescribed dose.
Trenaxa 500mg tablets, Melano Tx Od 500mg tablets, Trapic 500mg tablet, Tyrodin Fsr 500mg tablets and Texakind 10 tablets are some other medicines with tranexamic acid as its active ingredient. Some common side effects of the Pause 500 tablet are nausea and vomiting, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor.
Uses of Pause 500 MG
- menses (during periods)
- Abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure
- Bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis
- To control internal bleeding in the body due to an abnormal blood clotting mechanism
- Tooth extractions in patients suffering from a bleeding disorder named haemophilia.
Contraindications of Pause 500 MG
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of Pause 500 tablet.
- If you have kidney disease, it may lead to a reduction in the elimination of the active medicine from the body leading to its accumulation which can lead to toxic effects and hence not to be used in severe kidney disease....
- In mild to moderate kidney disease the medicine can be used with proper suggestions that have been recommended by the doctor.
- If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called thromboembolic diseases. Eg. Heart attack or paralysis due to clots in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs etc....
- If you have a history of convulsions or fits.
- If you have blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendencies.
Side effects of Pause 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Pause 500 MG
- There is limited information about the effects of Pause 500 in human pregnancy
- It is known to cross the placenta and is found in the cord blood at concentrations equal to that in maternal blood
- It should be used when prescribed considering that the benefit of taking this medicine outweighs the risk
- It is better to consult your doctor before taking this medicine in pregnancy
- Pause 500 passes into human milk in a small amount
- If a breastfeeding mother requires tranexamic acid, it is not a reason to discontinue breastfeeding. However, close monitoring and medical supervision of the breastfed infant is recommended until more data regarding safety becomes available...
- It is advisable to consult a doctor before initiating the medicine during breastfeeding
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from kidney disease.
- You are passing blood in urine, Pause 500 should be used with care and only if prescribed by your doctor as there are chances of obstruction to the passage of urine due to obstruction by blood clots.
- If you have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same, use Pause 500 only if it is prescribed to you by a doctor and insist on close monitoring of your health.
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills, and you should consult your doctor before consuming oral contraceptive pills and Pause 500 together as there are increased chances of blood clot formation in your blood vessels....
- If you experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately.
- You may require regular eye checks to be done if you are consuming Pause 500 for a long time on a doctor's prescription.
Directions for Use of Pause 500 MG
- Take Pause 500 tablet as told by your doctor with a sufficient amount of water, and swallowed whole. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- If the bleeding does not stop, contact your doctor, you may need further evaluation
Storage and disposal of Pause 500 MG
- Store Pause 500 tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Quick Tips of Pause 500 MG
- Pause 500 tablet is usually prescribed to women to reduce the bleeding during menses.
- Take Pause tablet with food to reduce the risk of stomach upset, which is a common side effect associated with this medicine.
- Do not stop taking the medication without first talking to your doctor. Keep taking Pause even if you feel well.
- Take this tablet exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not change your dose or stop taking the medication without first consulting with your doctor.
- Inform your doctor of all the medications and supplements you are taking before starting Pause 500.
- If you experience side effects, such as stomach pain, changes in bowel habits or unusual bleeding, notify your doctor immediately.
Dosage of Pause 500 MG
- If you accidentally end up taking a dose higher than that prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting or be dizzy or light-headed upon standing.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Pause 500 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Pause 500 tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of Pause 500 MG
How Does It Work?
- Blood clotting is a complex process and involves various enzymes in different steps. Tranexamic acid is a structural analogue of an amino acid lysine which important for blood clotting process.
- Tranexamic acid helps in arresting bleeding by binding to certain receptors where lysine binds, inhibiting the enzymes that break down the blood clots. Hence, it helps to stop excessive bleeding.
Interactions of Pause 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of Pause 500 will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, and heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin)
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with Pause, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can cough syrup be taken with Pause 500?
Q: What medicines can be used for controlling heavy bleeding during menses?
Q: Can I take progesterone and Pause 500 together?
Q: Can I take Pause 500 to avoid getting menses?
Q: For how many cycles can Pause 500 be taken?
Q: Can Pause 500 help me to get relief from abdominal pain during menses?
Q: Can Pause 500 be used to control post-menopausal bleeding?
Q: Can I take paracetamol while I am taking Pause 500 mg?
Q: Should I take Pause 500 with or without food?
Q: Can I take Pause 500 for long term?
Q: Is there any side effect of Pause 500?
Q: How long does Pause 500 take to work?
Q: Can I use Pause 500 stop period?
Q: Can Pause 500 tablet be used for piles?
Q: How many tablets of Pause 500 can I take?
Q: What is the function of Pause 500?
- Tranexamic acid - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- LactMed. Tranexamic acid. [Internet]. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- CDSCO. Tranexamic acid.[Internet]. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Tranexamic acid - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Tranexamic Acid: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Tranexamic acid - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]