Tranofast 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tranofast 500 MG Description
Tranofast Tablet is used to stop bleeding in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body, such as menses (periods), surgical procedure, nose bleed, internal bleeding. It cont
ins tranexamic acid as its active ingredient, an anti-fibrinolytic class of medicine. This Tablet works by preventing the breakdown of clots, thus further leading to the stoppage of bleeding. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take this Tablet with food to avoid stomach upset. Do not take it for more than the prescribed dose. Some common side effects of Tranofast Tablet are nausea, vomiting, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor.
- Melano Tx Od 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 297.00₹ 252.45₹ 16.83/Tablet
- Trenaxa 500mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.46₹ 103.24₹ 17.21/Tablet
- Tranostat 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 303.67₹ 258.12₹ 17.21/Tablet
- Clip 500mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 161.50₹ 137.2711% CHEAPER₹ 13.73/Tablet
- Pause 500mg TabletBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 202.44₹ 172.07₹ 17.21/Tablet
Uses of Tranofast 500 MG
Contraindications of Tranofast 500 MG
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of Tranofast Tablet.
- If you have kidney disease, as it may lead to a reduction in the elimination of the active medicine from the body leading to its accumulation which can lead to toxic effects hence not to be used in severe kidney disease, in mild to moderate kidney disease the medicine can be used with proper suggestions that have been recommended by the doctor....
- If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called as thromboembolic diseases. Eg. Heart attack or paralysis due to clot in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs etc....
- If you have a history of convulsions or fits.
- If you have blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendency.
Side effects of Tranofast 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Tranofast 500 MG
- There is limited information about the effects of Tranofast in human pregnancy
- It is known to cross the placenta and is found in the cord blood at concentrations equal to that in maternal blood
- It should be used when prescribed considering that the benefit of taking this medicine outweighs the risk
- It is better to consult your doctor before taking this medicine in pregnancy
- Tranofast passes into human milk in a small amount
- If a breastfeeding mother requires tranexamic acid, it is not a reason to discontinue breastfeeding. However, close monitoring and medical supervision of the breastfed infant is recommended until more data regarding safety becomes available...
- It is advisable to consult a doctor before initiating the medicine during breastfeeding
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from kidney disease
- You are passing blood in urine, Tranofast should be used with care and only if prescribed by your doctor as there are chances of obstruction to the passage of urine due to obstruction by blood clots
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same, use Tranofast only if it is prescribed to you by a doctor and insist on close monitoring of your health
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills, as you should consult your doctor before consuming oral contraceptive pills and Tranofast together as there are increased chances of blood clot formation in your blood vessels...
- You experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately
- You may require regular eye checks to be done if you are consuming Tranofast for a long time on doctor's prescription
Mode of Action of Tranofast 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tranofast 500 MG
Interactions of Tranofast 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of Tranofast will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin)
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with Pause, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills...
Storage and disposal of Tranofast 500 MG
- Store Tranofast Tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Tranofast 500 MG
- If you accidentally end up taking a dose higher than that prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting or be dizzy or light-headed upon standing.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Tranofast Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Tranofast Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I take Tranofast with or without food?
Q: Can I take Tranofast for long term?
Q: Is there any side effect of Tranofast?
Q: How many Tablets of Tranofast can I take?
Q: Can I use Tranofast stop period?
- Tranexamic acid - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- LactMed. Tranexamic acid. [Internet]. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Tranexamic acid.[Internet]. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Tranexamic acid - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Tranexamic Acid: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Tranexamic acid - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]