Trazine S Tablet
Trazine S Tablet Description
Trazine S tablet is a prescription medicine used for treating symptoms of Schizophrenia (a mental disorder), Parkinson’s disease (a central nervous system disorder that causes movement problems and t
remors), and anxiety. Trazine S tablet is a combination of two active ingredients, trifluoperazine and trihexyphenidyl. Trifluoperazine belongs to the class of antipsychotic medications. It blocks certain receptors and improves behaviour and mood. However, it causes side effects like involuntary shaking of limbs and muscle spasms. Trihexyphenidyl is added to this medicine to prevent and manage these side effects. You can take a Trazine S tablet with or without food. Direction for use of Trazine S tablet should be followed as instructed by the doctor because it can cause side effects. Most of these side effects do not require any medical intervention as they subside gradually. However, if you are experiencing them for a long duration, consult your doctor. Also, do not suddenly stop using this medicine as it can cause sweating, nervousness, vomiting, dizziness, etc.
|You Save||₹3.23 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Trifluoperazine(5.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease, Anxiety|
|Side effects||Nausea, Weight gain, Constipation, Sedation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dryness in mouth, Increased prolactin level in the blood, Urinary retention, Dizziness, Blurred vision.|
Uses of Trazine S Tablet
- As per CDSCO, Trazine S tablet is used for:
- Managing positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia (reduces strong and inappropriate symptoms, disturbed/unusual thinking, etc.)
- Treatment of symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease (reduces involuntary movements)
- Treatment of neurosis (a mental disorder) as psychoneurotic medicine
Contraindications of Trazine S Tablet
Side effects of Trazine S Tablet
- Weight gain
- Dryness in mouth
- Blurred vision
- Urinary retention
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden fall in blood pressure with position change)
Precautions and Warnings of Trazine S Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have hypertension or high blood pressure as this medicine should be used with caution as it can increase blood pressure.
- You have seizure syndrome, this medicine should be used with extreme caution, as it can increase the risk of seizures.
- You are an elderly patient as dose adjustment is needed to prevent excessive side effects. Due to slow metabolism, this medicine is eliminated slowly from the body in them.
- You have stayed in sunlight for a long duration as this medicine can cause heatstroke.
- You are using any herbal or ayurvedic medicines and supplements.
- You stopped using the Trazine S tablet suddenly, as it can cause neuroleptic malignant syndrome (fever, altered mental status, muscle stiffness, etc.).
Mode of Action of Trazine S Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trazine S Tablet
- Take the Trazine S tablet in the recommended dose and duration.
- You can take this tablet with or without food.
- Do not take more than a tablet at one time without informing the doctor, as this can lead to an overdose.
- Use it immediately after opening the package.
- Swallow the tablet entirely with a glass of water, and do not break or chew the tablet.
- Try to take this medication on time.
- Check the expiration date before using this medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you want to give it to a child younger than 18 years of age, as it is not recommended for them.
Interactions of Trazine S Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Trazine S tablet if you are already using high blood pressure medication. This medicine can further increase blood pressure.
- Use of this medicine, with opioid or narcotic pain relievers, can increase the side effects like drowsiness.
- If you are using medicines that lower lung secretions or saliva, Trazine S tablets will negate the effects of those medicines.
- Do not use other antipsychotics, anticonvulsant medicines, and antiparkinsonian medicines with Trazine S tablets. It can cause adverse reactions.
- Other medicines Trazine S tablets can interact with are antihistamine (allergy medicine), blood thinners (warfarin), heart medicines, and fever-reducing medicines.
Interactions with food items
- Trazine S tablet does not have any known food interactions. Try to take this medicine before or after consuming food. If you are experiencing an upset stomach, take it after the food.
Storage and disposal of Trazine S Tablet
Dosage of Trazine S Tablet
- Trazine S tablet overdose can cause symptoms like severe drowsiness, dry mouth, abdominal pain, dizziness, fainting, vomiting, seizures, hallucination, sweating, cardiac arrest, agitation, involuntary movement of the muscles, liver failure (yellow skin and eyes), loss of consciousness, etc. In case of Trazine S tablet overdose, seek immediate medical treatment from the nearest medical centre....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can a Trazine S tablet cause a heat stroke in me?
Q: Can I gain weight if I use a Trazine S tablet daily?
- Weight gain is one of the side effects of this tablet. To avoid this, try exercising regularly and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Trifluoperazine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 19 ]. Available from:
- Trihexyphenidyl: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- Simultaneous estimation of Trifluoperazine hydrochloride and Trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride in combined dosage form BY RP-HPLC METHOD 32_1951_8_3_2010. [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from: