Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Tozaar R Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine. It is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing ramipril and losartan as active substances.
Uses of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are allergic to ramipril, losartan or any other ingredients of Tozaar R Tablet If you have diabetes or kidney dysfunction and you are taking blood pressure lowering medicine like aliskiren If you have problems with your liver or kidney If you are pregnant (second and third trimesters) If you have a history of serious allergic reaction called angioedema (recurrent episodes of swelling) If you have low or unstable blood pressure If you are taking sacubitril/valsartan used to treat heart failure If you are on dialysis...
Side effects of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Tozaar R Tablet during pregnancy?
Tozaar R Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy. When pregnancy is detected, stop taking this medicine immediately and contact your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Tozaar R Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tozaar R Tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as there is limted safety data available, hence consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tozaar R Tablet?
Tozaar R Tablet may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tozaar R Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Tozaar R Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine, such as dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have serious problems related to your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have lost a lot of body fluids due to vomiting, sweating, diarrhoea or are taking water tablets for a long time.
- You are planning to get allergy shots for bee or wasp stings.
- If you are planning to have surgery and will be given anaesthesia, you should tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking Tozaar R Tablet.
- You are diabetic and taking medicines like enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril or aliskiren.
- You have lupus or a condition of thickening or tightening of the skin and blood vessels.
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue).
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are taking medicines that may increase the risk of angioedema like temsirolimus, vildagliptin and sacubitril/valsartan.
- You are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure like valsartan, telmisartan and irbesartan.
- You are taking medicines like diuretics (water pills) or are under a low salt diet.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or you had a kidney transplant.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood or have conditions that may lower sodium levels in your blood.
- You are suffering from a condition called primary hyperaldosteronism.
Mode of Action of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Tozaar R Tablet lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels, thus allowing your blood vessels to relax and widen, making it easier for blood to flow through....
Directions for Use of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Tozaar R Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tozaar R Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, diabetes or are taking aliskiren, medications like blood thinners (warfarin, heparin), anti-cancer medicines, medicines for psychiatric illnesses like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other blood pressure-lowering medicines like water pills (furosemide) and medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, painkillers, antibacterial medicines such as trimethoprim and corticosteroids, valsartan/sacubitril, lithium, racecadotril, prednisolone, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, ephedrine, noradrenaline or adrenaline, etc....
Storage and disposal of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Tozaar R Tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tozaar R 5/50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Tozaar R Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Tozaar R Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tozaar R Tablet?
A: Tozaar R Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Q: What is the composition of Tozaar R Tablet?
A: Tozaar R Tablet is a combination medicine containing ramipril and losartan.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Tritace Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Tritace Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Cozaar 25 mg film-coated tablet - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Cozaar 25 mg film-coated tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Low Red Cell Distribution Width in Blood: Interpreting Your Blood Test Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Understanding blood test results is essential for getting the right care and maintaining good health. Red cell distribution width (RDW) is an important aspect that can provide clues about your overall well-being. In this article, you will learn about what RDW is, why it is measured, how to interpret your RDW results,
WBC Differential Count: Decoding Its Clinical Significance With Research Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Our body requires a healthy immune system. Key to this system are the white blood cells (WBCs). They protect us from infections and foreign substances. We may be able to assess how they work by looking at WBC differential counts. Medical professionals use them to see how the immune system responds in
MPV Blood Test: Understanding Its Importance and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets are the cells in your blood that help in clotting and repairing wounds. Well, it is necessary to check their health. That’s where the Mean Platelet Volume (MPV) blood test comes into picture. In this article, we’ll explore the world of MPV blood tests. We’ll learn what MPV is, how to
PDW Blood Test: Understanding Its Purpose and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction The PDW blood test is a medical test that checks for size differences in blood platelets. The main function of platelets includes clotting and ensuring smooth blood flow in the body. In this article, we will cover the basics of a PDW blood test. We’ll discuss about why it’s done, how
MCH Blood Test: Interpreting the Results and Understanding Its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction The MCH blood test is a crucial diagnostic tool that may aid in understanding and maintaining good health. In this article, we will delve into the importance of the MCH blood test and shed light on what it reveals about an individual’s overall well-being. We will discuss essential aspects such as understanding
Reticulocyte Count: A Comprehensive Guide and Its Significance in Medical Diagnosis
Key Highlights: Introduction Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells. Assessing their number in the blood may help us detect problems tied to the production of red blood cells and how our bone marrow functions. In this article, we will delve into how the test is performed and how the results are interpreted. Lastly, we will
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.