Torfix 200mg Tablet
Torfix 200 MG Description
Torfix Tablet contains Rifaximin. It is an antibiotic medicine used to treat infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea. It is also used in treating a condition called Hepatic e
ncephalopathy, in which there is a decline in brain function that occurs because of severe liver disease. Torfix Tablet works by killing the bacteria that cause infectious diarrhoea by inhibiting their growth. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding, and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine. Complete the entire course given by your doctor. Do not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
|You Save||₹28.20 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Torfix 200 MG
Contraindications of Torfix 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Rifaximin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have diarrhoea that is caused due to other factors but not bacteria, for example, viral diarrhoea.
- If you have symptoms of blockage in the bowel, stomach pain or constipation.
- If you have bloody diarrhoea.
- If you have diarrhoea along with fever.
- If you experience allergic reactions with rifabutin, rifapentine or rifampicin.
Side effects of Torfix 200 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Breathing issues
- An urgency to empty bowel
Precautions and Warnings of Torfix 200 MG
Other General Warnings
Mode of Action of Torfix 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Torfix 200 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions while taking Torfix Tablet. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not break, cut, or chew the tablet.
- You should take it regularly and preferably at a fixed time. Do not consume it more or longer than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Torfix 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Torfix Tablet might interact with cholera and the BCG vaccine.
- This medicine might alter the effects of other medicines such as erythromycin, diltiazem, azithromycin, warfarin and anti-fungal medications.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Torfix 200 MG
- Store Torfix Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.