Tolifast Sr 450mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tolifast Sr tablets contain Tolperisone, which is used to relieve muscle spasms and discomfort associated with other musculoskeletal conditions.
|You Save||₹48.65 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||acute musculoskeletal pain|
|Side effects||drowsiness, fatigue, weakness, sleepiness, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Tolperisone(450.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tolifast Sr 450mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
- Acute musculoskeletal pain
Contraindications of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Other autoimmune diseases characterized by muscle weakness
Side effects of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
- Allergy to the active components of this tablet or the components
Precautions and Warnings of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
Can I use the Tolifast Sr tablet during pregnancy?
Tolperisone is not suggested during pregnancy unless the doctor finds it necessary and the dangers outweigh the benefits.
Is it safe to use a Tolifast Sr tablet while breastfeeding?
Unfortunately, there is no information available on the usage of Tolifast Sr Tablet while breastfeeding. Please visit your physician.
Can I drive if I have taken a Tolifast Sr tablet?
If you feel drowsy or dizzy after taking tolperisone, don't drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Tolifast Sr tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol with tolperisone as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney impairment
- You have diabetes
- You have oedema
- You have anaemia
- You have hypertension
- You are taking other medications
- You are allergic to tolperisone or other excipients of the medication
- You are taking herbal medications, vitamins, minerals or nutritional supplements
Mode of Action of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
How Does It Work?
Tolperisone relaxes the muscle by acting on the spinal cord and preventing the exchange of sodium and calcium ions inside the cells.
Directions for Use of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water
- Do not chew, crush or break the tablet
- Tolifast SR Tablet is to be taken with or without food as advised
Interactions of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Co-administration with other centrally acting muscle relaxants may cause sedation therefore dose adjustments if needed
- Co-administration of tolperisone with niflumic acid increases the effect of niflumic acid
- Co-administration of tolperisone may increase the blood levels of medicine metabolised by CYP2D6 such as thioridazine, metoprolol,etc.
Interactions with food items
- The absorption of tolperisone is decreased when taken without food
Storage and disposal of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
- Store below 30°C
- Keep the medications in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and moisture
- Keep the medication away from pets and children
- Do not flush the unused or expired tablets or throw in household waste
- Talk to your pharmacist or your doctor about the safer ways to discard the medicine
Dosage of Tolifast Sr 450 MG
Upon accidental ingestion of more than the prescribed dose, contact your doctor or rush to the nearest hospital immediately
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If your next dose is approaching, skip the dose and go back to your regular dosage regimen. Do not take two tablets at once to compensate for the loss of your missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Tolifast Sr tablet be used as a painkiller?
A: It should not be used as a pain killer, as the mode of action of tolperisone is different than that of the painkiller; it is not advised to be taken in all pain conditions.
Q: After how long will I be able to see the effects of the medication?
A: You will start noticing the beneficial effects after one week of medication.
Q: How long will I have to continue the medicine for complete relief?
A: You will have to continue the medication for as long as the doctor advises you. Based on the severity of the condition and the body's response to it, the doctor will decide the duration of medication.
Q: What is musculoskeletal pain?
A: Musculoskeletal pain is a condition where bones, joints, ligaments, muscles or tendons are affected and the entire body aches. Fatigue, muscle pain and joint pain are commonly observed symptoms of musculoskeletal pain.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.