Thyromed 50mcg Tablet
Thyromed 50 MCG Description
Thyromed 50mcg Tablet is a medicine that is used to treat hypothyroidism. By replacing the hormone that your thyroid gland is not producing in sufficient quantities, Thyromed 50mcg Tablet regulates t
he energy in your body and helps regulate your metabolism. The most common side effects associated with Thyromed 50mcg Tablet are caused by taking a higher dose than you need. Possible side effects include irregular heartbeat, vomiting, anxiety, diarrhoea, weight loss, nervousness, or restlessness. Most side effects will disappear on their own gradually. You should immediately contact your doctor right away if you’ve a very high temperature, low blood pressure, yellowness in the eye/skin, confusion, fast or irregular heart rate, or fits. In order to determine what dose you need, your doctor will do a blood test before you start taking Thyromed 50mcg Tablet. Once you start taking Thyromed 50mcg Tablet, you will have regular blood tests to see how well it is working. Your doctor may adjust your dose of Thyromed 50mcg Tablet from time to time as needed. It is best to take Thyromed 50mcg Tablet in the morning before your first meal of the day. To benefit from Thyromed 50mcg Tablet properly, you should take it regularly as your symptoms may reappear if you stop taking it, as it may take several weeks of time for your symptoms to improve. You may need to take a Thyromed 50mcg Tablet for the rest of your life. When taking Thyromed 50mcg Tablet, tell your doctor immediately if you become pregnant to adjust the dose. Thyromed 50mcg Tablet may cause weight loss but should not be prescribed or taken in order to treat obesity.
- Thyroxinol 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 147.80₹ 118.24₹
- Thyronorm 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Abbott India Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 146.24₹ 124.30₹
- Thyrox 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 146.36₹ 124.41₹
Uses of Thyromed 50 MCG
- As per CDSCO, Thyromed 50mcg Tablet is used to
- Manage Hypothyroidism - where the thyroid gland is underactive, which means it doesn’t produce the required amount of thyroid hormone in the blood.
Contraindications of Thyromed 50 MCG
- If you have hyperthyroidism.
- If you suffer from cardiovascular disorders like high blood pressure, chest pain or angina and coronary artery disease.
- If you suffer from anaemia.
- If you suffer from osteoporosis (bone weakness).
- If you have adrenal gland disorder.
- If you’ve problems with the pituitary gland.
Side effects of Thyromed 50 MCG
- Common side effects associated with Thyromed 50mcg Tablet:
- Flushing- is where a person senses warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk,
- Weight loss,
- Side effects are not so serious and go away as your body adapts to medicine. If these side effects associated with Thyromed 50mcg Tablet persist, speak with your doctor.
Precautions and Warnings of Thyromed 50 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medications.
- You are suffering from any heart conditions.
- You’re suffering from any liver or kidney conditions.
Mode of Action of Thyromed 50 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thyromed 50 MCG
- Thyromed 50mcg Tablet should be taken orally or according to your physician's directions.
- Your Thyromed 50mcg Tablet treatment dosage will be determined by your medical history, age, and gender.
- Thyromed 50mcg Tablet is taken without food.
- Thyromed 50mcg Tablet is meant to be swallowed orally without chewing or crushing.
- Do not double the dose of Thyromed 50mcg Tablet; make sure to take it as suggested by your doctor.
- Thyromed 50mcg Tablet must not be taken more frequently than the recommended every 24 hours.
Interactions of Thyromed 50 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Appetite suppressants such as phentermine as they may interfere with its action.
- Acidity medicines such as esomeprazole as it may impair the absorption of Thyromed 50mcg Tablet.
- Anti-diabetic drugs such as metformin as it may raise blood sugar levels.
- Calcium or vitamin D supplements as they may impair the absorption of Thyromed 50mcg Tablet.
- Neuro-related medicines such as amphetamine and dextroamphetamine as they may have serious interaction with Thyromed 50mcg Tablet.
- Antidepressants such as amitriptyline, imipramine, and dosulepin as they may increase the toxic potential of both drugs.
- Beta Blockers such as propranolol, atenolol and sotalol may impair the absorption of Thyromed 50mcg Tablet.
- Anti-convulsants such as carbamazepine, primidone and phenytoin as it may impair the absorption of Thyromed 50mcg Tablet.
Interactions with food items
- If you’re taking any homoeopathic, ayurvedic, Unani or any over-the-counter items, let your doctor know about this as they may interact with Thyromed 50mcg Tablet.
- Food like soybean flour, cottonseed meal, walnuts, dietary fibre, calcium and calcium-fortified juices may decrease the absorption of Thyromed 50mcg Tablet.