Throx 150mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Throx 150mg Tablet
Uses of Throx 150 MG
Throx Tablet is used for the treatment of infections in the ear, nose and throat, lungs and airways infection, infections in the genital area, meningitis (infection in membranes of the brain).
Contraindications of Throx 150 MG
- If you are allergic to roxithromycin, azithromycin or any other ingredient of Throx Tablet.
- If you have severe liver problems.
- If you are taking any medicine for migraine.
Side effects of Throx 150 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Throx 150 MG
Can I take Throx Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding the usage of Throx Tablets in pregnant women. Hence it is advised to consult a doctor before the use of this medicine and take this medicine only if prescribed by a doctor. Self-medication should be avoided.
Can I take Throx Tablet while breastfeeding?
Throx Tablet passes in human breast milk and can cause diarrhoea followed by diaper rash in the newborn baby. Hence it is recommended to avoid this medicine while breastfeeding or monitor your child closely.
Can I drive if I have consumed Throx Tablet?
Throx Tablet is not known to interfere with driving ability. However, if you experience dizziness or any other discomfort while using this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Throx Tablet?
Throx Tablet does not have any interactions with alcohol. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor if you consume alcohol frequently.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney issues.
- You have heart problems.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Throx 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Roxithromycin interferes with the protein synthesis of bacteria, thereby inhibiting bacterial growth and helps in reducing the infection.
Interactions of Throx 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of blood thinners like warfarin is said to increase when used together with Throx Tablet.
- The effect of medications used to treat sleep-related disorders like midazolam is increased when used with this medicine.
- Medicine used to treat gastrointestinal problems like cisapride may interfere with the effect of this Tablet when used together.
- The effect Theophylline were increased when used together with Throx Tablet. So in case of treatment using a high dose of theophylline precaution should be taken.
- Use of medicines to treat migraine, like ergot alkaloids with this medicine can increase the risk of side effects when used together with this Tablet.
- The effect of antiallergic medicine, like terfenadine, is increased and this may increase the risk of heart-related side effects when used with Throx Tablet.
- Medicine used to treat the immune system like cyclosporin.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction
Storage and disposal of Throx 150 MG
- Store Throx Tablet in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Throx 150 MG
Overdose can cause diarrhoea, dyspepsia, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting. In case of an overdose visit to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember, or if it is time for your next dose then continue with your scheduled dosing. If you don’t understand what to do, contact your physician, but do not take any double dose of medicine....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Throx Tablet?
A: You must discuss your ongoing medicines, and history of allergies, if any, with the healthcare provider.
Q: What is the composition of Throx Tablet?
A: The composition of Throx Tablet includes roxithromycin, which is an antibiotic.
Q: Can I take Throx Tablet for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. Hence, you must take this medicine after consulting a doctor only.
Q: Can the use of Throx Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, it can cause diarrhoea. Roxithromycin is an antibiotic medicine. Antibiotics sometimes can affect the normal bacterial flora of the colon, along with acting on harmful bacteria. Some of these good bacteria play an important role in digestion and absorption and affecting them can alter these processes. This is why you experience diarrhoea with antibiotic treatment.
Q: When should I take my Throx?
A: Throx can be taken with or without food. Take it regularly and do not miss any dose of this medicine. If you have a sensitive stomach take it preferably with a meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
Q: Is Throx Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Throx Tablet is an antibiotic medicine that is used for the treatment of infections in the ear, nose and throat, lungs and airways infection, infections in the genital area, meningitis (infection in membranes of the brain).
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.