Thalix 200mg Capsule
Thalix 200 MG Description
Thalix Capsule is an immunomodulatory medicine. It modulates the immune system. Thalix is used to treat lepra reaction of skin as well as white blood cell cancer. It contains thalidomide as an active
ingredient. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a certain chemical substance that causes swelling. It also modulates and strengthens the immune system. It kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, thereby preventing the spread of cancer. Take Thalix as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Thalix Capsule should be avoided if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Uses of Thalix 200 MG
- Used to treat skin reactions caused due to leprosy.
- It is also used to treat white blood cell cancer.
Contraindications of Thalix 200 MG
- If you are allergic to thalidomide or any other ingredients of Thalix Capsule.
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or of childbearing age.
- If male patients are unable to comply with the contraceptive method.
Side effects of Thalix 200 MG
- Peripheral swelling
- Decreased blood count
- Abnormal sensations such as pricking and tingling
Precautions and Warnings of Thalix 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are above 50 years of age, menopausal or of non-childbearing age.
- You are using any kind of contraceptive method.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have heart disease or conditions.
- You have thyroid or a blood disorder.
- You have kidney or liver damage.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking Thalix.
- You have or experience a tingling sensation or numbness of the extremities.
- You have or had any kind of cancer or cancer lysis.
- You have any active infections.
- You feel sleepy or dizzy.
Mode of Action of Thalix 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thalix 200 MG
- Thalix Capsule is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Thalix 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Thalix Capsule works or Thalix itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, anti-allergic medicine, other cancer medicine or medicine used to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are taking digoxin.
Storage and disposal of Thalix 200 MG
- Store Thalix Capsule at room temperature in a cool and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Thalix 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Thalix Capsule if I feel better?
Q: My husband is on Thalix. Can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]