Texidep Sr 0.50mg Tablets
Texidep 0.5 MG Description
Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tablets are generally used for short-term treatment of anxiety, anxiety associated with depression, and panic disorders. It contains alprazolam as the chief ingredient. Alprazolam b
elongs to a specific class of medications known as benzodiazepines. Use Texidep SR 0.5 mg tablets only if prescribed by a doctor. They generally affect the CNS(the central nervous system) of our body which mainly includes the brain. Alprazolam helps calm the brain, alleviating the symptoms of anxiety and helps in making the quality of life better. Do not alter the dosage of this medication without consulting your doctor, as it has a habit-forming tendency. Abruptly discontinuing the use of Texidep SRis also not recommended as it may cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹3.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Short-term treatment of anxiety, Anxiety associated with depression, Panic disorders|
|Side effects||Nausea, Dryness of mouth, Constipation, Drowsiness, Lightheadedness|
Uses of Texidep 0.5 MG
- Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tablets are used in,
- Short-term treatment of anxiety
- Treatment of anxiety associated with depression
- Treatment of panic disorders
Contraindications of Texidep 0.5 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity to the active or inactive components of Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tabs.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have a depressed respiratory rate.
Side effects of Texidep 0.5 MG
- Dryness of mouth
- Change in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Texidep 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are using any other medications or nutritional supplements.
- You are scheduled to undergo dental or general surgery.
- You have glaucoma.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You have a history of seizures.
- You have a history of any disease of the liver, lungs, or kidney.
Mode of Action of Texidep 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Texidep 0.5 MG
- Take Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tablets on an empty stomach.
- Swallow Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tab with a glass of water or as directed by your doctor. Do not chew, break, or crush it.
- Check the expiry date on the medicine packaging before taking it.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take the recommended dosage of Texidep SR at the same time every day for the prescribed duration.
- Do not alter the dosage of Texidep Tabs without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Texidep 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tabs are known to interact with the following medicines.
- Abiraterone- it decreases the metabolism of alprazolam in the body
- Alosetron- risk of adverse effects may increase
- Bromazepam- risk of adverse effects may increase
- Bumadizone- may decrease the excretion rate of alprazolam
- Clotiazepam- risk of adverse effects may increase
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit juice with Texidep SR Tabs as it may reduce the effectiveness of the medicine.
- No other specific food interactions of Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tabs are known yet.
- In case you notice any change of weight while taking Texidep SR 0.5 mg Tablets, consult your dietician for proper guidance.