Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Telmikind 40 Tablet belongs to a class of medicines called Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists, which are used to treat high blood pressure.
Uses of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind 40 is used in the treatment of high blood pressure
- Telmikind 40 is also used to reduce cardiovascular events like heart attack or stroke
Contraindications of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or any other ingredients of it
- If you are in second or third trimesters of pregnancy
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders) or severe liver disease
- If you have diabetes or severe kidney impairment and you are been treated with aliskiren (medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Flu-like symptoms
- Conjunctivitis (Inflammation or infection of the eye also known as pink eye)
- Palpitations (irregular heartbeats)
- Chest pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Upset stomach
- Dry Mouth
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasm or pain
- Shortness of breath
- Skin disorders like rash
Precautions and Warnings of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take telmikind 40 Tablet during pregnancy?
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby
- This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby
- If you are on this medication and planning pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your prescription can be changed
Can I take telmikind 40 Tablet while breastfeeding?
telmikind 40 Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advised to consult your doctor for alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed telmikind 40 Tablet?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive. Hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with telmikind 40 Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhea, vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have adequate about of water and fluids
- You have any heart disorder
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are taking medicines like Ramipril, Lisinopril
Mode of Action of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes narrowing of blood vessels. This leads to an increase in blood pressure. Telmikind 40 prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Telmikind 40 tablet should be swallowed with water as directed by the physician. It should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for heart disorder like Digoxin
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflamed area of body parts
Interactions with food items
Telmikind 40 tablet can be taken with or without food. It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli, potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind 40 does not require any special storage conditions
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Telmikind 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Overdose symptoms can include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness. Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Telmikind 40 tablet?
- No, do not take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine
- Telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels
- Periodic tests to determine blood potassium are done when one is taking this medicine
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Q: What is the use of Telmikind 40 tablet?
A: Telmikind 40 is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent or reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and death due to heart problems in elderly patients.
Q: Can Telmikind 40 be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, you can take this medicine with or without food.
Q: Can I take Telmikind 40 tablet if I am taking antidiabetic medicines?
A: Yes, you can take this medicine along with your antidiabetic medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Telmikind 40 tablet?
- The most common side effects are flu-like symptoms, cold, headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, tiredness and vomiting.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any serious side effects like chest pain, shortness of breath, feeling of fainting, painful or difficult urination, swelling and high potassium (slow heart and pulse rate and excessive muscle weakness).read less
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:39 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved