Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tazloc 40mg Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Telmisartan as its active ingredient. It belongs to "Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARBs)" class of medicine. It is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Tazloc 40mg Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. Before using Tazloc 40mg Tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tazloc 40mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindications of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredient of Tazloc 40mg Tablet.
- If you are in 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have bile duct obstruction.
- If you are on diabetic medicine containing aliskiren.
Side effects of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swelling of face
- Increased potassium levels
- Flatulence (gas)
- Dry Mouth
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Tazloc 40mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Tazloc 40mg Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby, especially during 2nd and 3rd trimester. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Tazloc 40mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tazloc 40mg Tablet is not recommended to use while breastfeeding as it may cause harm to the newborn baby. It is advised to consult your doctor for an alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tazloc 40mg Tablet?
Tazloc 40mg Tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy, which can influence your ability to drive. Hence, caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tazloc 40mg Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol during the treatment with Tazloc 40mg Tablet as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- You are suffering from liver disease.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are on medications like Ramipril, Lisinopril.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood.
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant.
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You develop diarrhoea, vomiting. This dehydration can result in low blood pressure. Have an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
Mode of Action of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels through prevention of the binding of angiotensin-II (a substance causing constriction of blood vessels leading to increased blood pressure) to its receptors.
Directions for Use of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tazloc 40mg Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily to gain optimal benefit. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush, break or chew this medicine.
Interactions of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tazloc 40mg Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicine used for heart disorders like Digoxin.
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium.
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics.
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure).
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin.
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus).
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim.
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts.
Interactions with food items
High potassium-containing foods should be avoided like spinach, broccoli, potatoes as it may cause irregular heartbeat, weakness, confusion, feelings of heaviness in the legs or tingling of the extremities.
Storage and disposal of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Tazloc 40mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose can cause symptoms such as increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of Tazloc 40mg Tablet, give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the special instructions to be followed while consuming the medicine?
A: If you suffer from any kidney disorders or diabetes, the doctor might ask you to conduct several tests during treatment for monitoring and deciding the further course of the therapy. Regular consumption of alcohol during treatment should be avoided to prevent liver damage.
Q: What are the warnings and precautions for diabetics or high-risk diabetes patients while using this medicine?
A: The doctor should be informed of the disease conditions before treatment with Telmisartan. In the case of diabetics who are on insulin or any other anti-diabetic medicine, the blood sugar levels should be checked regularly, particularly in the first month during treatment with Telmisartan.
Q: When and how should I use the medicine?
A: Tazloc 40mg Tablet is to be taken as a whole with a glass of water. It should preferably be taken in the morning with food. However, the doctor's prescription should be followed exactly. The medicine should be taken at the same time every day and not stopped abruptly. The doctor should be consulted before stopping the medication or any other queries.
Q: What are the things to be discussed with the healthcare practitioner before the consumption of Telmisartan?
A: The healthcare practitioner should be informed about the current and past medications, including natural or herbal supplements. He/she should be informed about the presence of any kidney or liver disorders, diabetes or high-risk diabetes, excessive vomiting or diarrhoea and other heart-related conditions.
Q: Is Tazloc 40mg Tablet an ACE inhibitor?
A: No, Tazloc 40mg Tablet is not an ACE inhibitor. It belongs to angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) class of medicine.
Q: Why is Tazloc 40mg Tablet given?
A: Tazloc 40mg Tablet is given mainly to reduce the raised blood pressure and also as an adjuvant to treat certain heart conditions.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved