Telista 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telista 40 MG Description
Telista 40mg tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Telmisartan as its active ingredient. It belongs to the "Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARBs)" class of medicine. It is used to treat hig
h blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. Along with the medications, you need to be particular about your diet like a low salt diet and should include exercise in your daily routine. You should not take any potassium supplements during the treatment because it may increase the blood potassium level. During the treatment it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and the doctor may ask for few kidney tests also during the treatment. Telista 40mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. Before using Telista 40mg tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Telista 40 MG
Contraindications of Telista 40 MG
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredients of Telista 40mg tablet.
- If you are in the 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have bile duct obstruction.
- If you are on diabetic medicine containing aliskiren.
Side effects of Telista 40 MG
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain
- Sinus infection
- Lung and airway infection
Precautions and Warnings of Telista 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- You are suffering from liver disease.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are on medications like Ramipril, Lisinopril.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood.
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant.
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You develop diarrhoea, vomiting. Dehydration can result in low blood pressure. Have an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
Mode of Action of Telista 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Telista 40 MG
- Telista 40mg tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily to gain optimal benefit.
- It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush, break or chew this medicine.
Interactions of Telista 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Telista 40mg tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Telista 40mg tablet and painkillers should be avoided as they may impair kidney functions.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts, etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Telista 40 MG
- Store Telista 40mg tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Telista 40 MG
- Overdose can cause symptoms such as increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the special instructions to be followed while consuming the medicine?
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
Q: When and how should I use the medicine?
Q: What are the things to be discussed with the healthcare practitioner before the consumption of Telmisartan?
Q: Why is Telista 40mg tablet given?
Q: What is the composition of the Telista 40?
Q: What are the side effects of the Telista 40?
Q: What is the use of the Telista tablet?
Q: Is Telista 40 a blood thinner?
Q: Can Telista 40 be taken twice a day?
Other Products from this Brand
- Telista Am 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Mt 50 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Ch 40 12 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telista 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Plus 40 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Telista Trio Cl 40 10 12 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telista Am 80 Tablet 15 S
- Telista Plus 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets