Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Telma Ct Forte Tablet contains a combination of chlorthalidone and telmisartan. It is used to treat high blood pressure when a single medicine has failed or is unable to control blood pressure. This
medicine works by relaxing the blood vessels and reducing the fluid load in the body by increasing urinary output. This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Avoid missing any dose or stop taking Telma Ct Forte Tablet without informing your doctor. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated well, can lead to other health-related complications and affect other parts of the body such as the brain, heart, blood vessels, kidneys. Thus, it is recommended that along with taking your medications on time you should also incorporate certain lifestyle modifications. A few of these changes include eating a diet that is low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 mins every day, not smoking and limiting alcohol consumption.
|₹57.47 (14% on MRP)
|Telmisartan(80.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)
|High blood pressure
|Headache, dizziness, lack of energy, coughing
- Telma Ct 80/12.5mg Tablet 15'sBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 443.50₹ 381.41₹ 25.43/Tablet
- Eritel Ch 80mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 393.27₹ 338.214.17% CHEAPER₹ 22.55/Tablet
- Ctd T 12.5/80mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 256.60₹ 220.686.23% CHEAPER₹ 22.07/Tablet
- Telmijub Ch 80mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Jubilant Generics Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 288.59₹ 253.9727.21% CHEAPER₹ 16.93/Tablet
- Tazloc Ct 80mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 238.35₹ 204.9812.9% CHEAPER₹ 20.50/Tablet
- Temsan Ct 80mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.05₹ 141.9439.68% CHEAPER₹ 14.19/Tablet
- Telpres Ct 80/12.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.97₹ 111.7752.49% CHEAPER₹ 11.18/Tablet
- Telmikind Ct 80/12.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 125.00₹ 107.5054.3% CHEAPER₹ 10.75/Tablet
- Mcrotel Ct 80mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mcronus Lifescience Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 150.0035.51% CHEAPER₹ 15/Tablet
Uses of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to telmisartan, chlorthalidone or any of the ingredients of Telma Ct Forte Tablet.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like sulfasalazine, sulfisoxazole, etc.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If you have diabetes or a kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like aliskiren.
Side effects of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Lack of energy
- Swelling of lower limb
Precautions and Warnings of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You experience fainting, giddiness, a sign of decreased blood pressure, then lay down on the bed for some time and once you feel fine, get up slowly.
- You have an increased level of potassium in the blood or are on any potassium supplements.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed.
- You are diabetic and on aliskiren, an anti-hypertensive medicine to control blood pressure.
- You experience undesired symptoms after taking this medicine.
- Telma Ct Forte Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- A hormone called angiotensin is responsible for the narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure. Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of angiotensin.
- Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the loss of water and salt from the body, thus resulting in increased production of urine, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Telma Ct Forte Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Medicine used for heart failure like digoxin should be used cautiously.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like insulin, metformin along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C in a cool, dry place. Protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Telma Ct Forte 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit the intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Limit meat intake.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh-cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.