Taxim O 200mg Tablet
Taxim O 200 MG Description
Taxim-O 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, gallbladder and bile duct. It is also used in the treatment of typhoid fever.
Taxim-O 200 tablet contains cefixime as an active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. Taxim o should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Other tablets with cefixime molecule include Zifi 200mg tablet, Cefix 200mg tablet, Ceftas 200mg tablet, and Cefolac 200mg tablet.
It is very important to complete the course of antibiotic medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose of this antibiotic medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own, as it can lead to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection.
Taxim-O 200 tablet or any antibiotic should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria. The unnecessary use of antibiotics can make them ineffective for future treatment.
Before starting this tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹17.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Uses of Taxim O 200 MG
- Taxim-O 200 tablet is used for the bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, bile duct and urinary tract.
- It is also used for the treatment of typhoid or enteric fever (an infection which spreads via food and water).
Contraindications of Taxim O 200 MG
Side effects of Taxim O 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim O 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You experience severe skin allergies.
- You experience a side effect called encephalopathy, which makes you feel confused, unconscious, less alert and causes difficulty in movement and fits.
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a type of anaemia where red blood cells are broken down faster than they are formed).
- Taxim-O 200 tablets should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Directions for Use of Taxim O 200 MG
Storage and disposal of Taxim O 200 MG
- Store below 25°C, protect from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Taxim O 200 MG
- Complete the course of Taxim-O 200 tablet given by your doctor. Do not miss any doses, and take your medicine on time.
- Taxim-O 200 tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for specific infections only, do not self-medicate with this medicine. Take proper medical advice before taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you take and your medical history if any.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine, inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- Taxim-O 200 tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor and for the duration, it has been prescribed.
Dosage of Taxim O 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Taxim O 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Taxim O 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Taxim-O works, or Taxim-O itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Blood thinners or anticoagulants such as warfarin should be used cautiously while taking this antibiotic as there are chances of bleeding.
- Taxim-O can increase the levels of carbamazepine, used as an anticonvulsant for epilepsy, fits and seizures. Thus, concomitant use should be avoided.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Taxim-O 200 tablet on my own if I feel better?
Q: I have a cold. Can I take Taxim-O 200 tablet?
Q: Can I take Taxim-O 200 tablet for stomach infection?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Taxim-O 200 tablet?
Q: Is Taxim-O 200 safe in pregnancy?
Q: Is Taxim-O 200 effective for UTI?
Q: What is Taxim-O 200 tablet used for?
Q: What is the composition of Taxim O?
Q: How long does Taxim O take to work?
Q: Does Taxim have side effects?
Q: Is Taxim O 200 used as an antibiotic tablet?
Q: Is Taxim O and cefixime same?
Q: Can Taxim O tablet be taken by the feeding mother?
Q: Can Taxim-O be taken instead of Omnix-O tablet?
Q: Can we use Taxim-O in periods?
Q: How to take Taxim O with or without food?
Q: When to take Taxim O?
Q: Can I take Taxim-O 200 tablet if I have a fever?
Q: Can I take Taxim-O 200 for urinary infection during pregnancy?
Q: How many days Taxim O should be taken?
Q: Can I use Taxim-O 200 tablet for nasal sinus (sinusitis) and pharyngitis?
Q: Can I take Taxim O 200 for sexually transmitted diseases and gonorrhoea?
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 August 2022]
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 4 August 2022]
- Ziprax Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 4 August 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 August 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- TAXIM O FORTE BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- TAXIM 500MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM 125MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM 250MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM VIAL OF 1GM POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM 2GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM O 400MG TABLET
- TAXIM O JUICY ORANGE AND LEMON FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- TAXIM O JUICY ORANGE AND LEMON FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 60ML DRY SYRUP