Ceftas 200mg Tab
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ceftas 200 tablet contains Cefixime. It is an antibiotic. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat and airways, gallbladder and bile duct. It is also used in the treatment of typhoid fever. Symptoms such as diarrhoea, vomiting, headache, rashes on the skin, etc. can be noticed while using this medicine. The course of the antibiotics should be completed as per the directions given by the doctor and it should not be stopped abruptly on your own. Stopping the course on your own may lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection.
Uses of Ceftas 200mg Tab
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of the ear.
- Infection of nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis).
- Infection of the urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections).
- Throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis).
- Infection of chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia).
Contraindications of Ceftas 200mg Tab
- You are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin.
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Ceftas 200mg Tab
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat,
- Bleeding gums
- Vaginal discharge
- Itching on the skin
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Watery diarrhea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Skin rash with a pink/ red ring and a pale center which may be itchy, scaly or filled with fluid (Erythema multiforme)
- Allergic reaction like rash, joint pain, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue (serious side effects)
Precautions and Warnings of Ceftas 200mg Tab
Can I take Ceftas 200 tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited information related to the effect of this medicine on pregnant women.
- Hence it is recommended not to use this medicine during pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Ceftas 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on whether this medicine passes into human milk. Hence it is advised to avoid this medicine while breastfeeding. Incase use of this medicine is unavoidable then consult your doctor regarding the use and directions of Ceftas 200 Tablet
Can I drive if I have consumed Ceftas 200 tablet?
This medicine usually does not influence the driving ability of an individual. However, in case of symptoms such as confusion, fits, movement-related problems that are associated with brain damage (Encephalopathy) it is advised to avoid driving and consult the doctor immediately.
Can I consume alcohol with Ceftas 200 tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have severe skin adverse reactions.
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (the breakdown of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Ceftas 200mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cefixime works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell walls which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Ceftas 200mg Tab
- Take Ceftas 200 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Ceftas 200mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures).
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin when used with Ceftas 200 Tablet increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Ceftas 200mg Tab
- Store below 25°C
- Protect from light
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Ceftas 200mg Tab
The overdose of this medicine may damage the brain or the kindney. In case you feel you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of Ceftas 200 Tablet, take it as early as you remember.
- If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule.
- Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ceftas 200 tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: I was given Ceftas 200 tablet for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
- No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.read less
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take Ceftas 200 tablet?
A: No, Ceftas 200 tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Ceftas 200 tablet on my own if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Complete the entire course of this medicine to avoid antibiotic resistance.
Q: Can I take Ceftas 200 tablet if I have fever?
A: Do not self medicate with Ceftas tablet as it belongs to the higher class of antibiotics and reserved for severe infections. You should only take medicine prescribed by your doctor as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and your medical history.
Q: Can I take Ceftas 200 tablet for stomach infection?
A: No, Ceftas 200 may be effective for controlling stomach infection. Moreover, stomach infection could be due to various reasons; thus, you should not take this medicine for any infection without consulting your doctor.
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Ceftas 200 tablet?
A: Antibiotics sometimes can affect the normal bacterial flora of colon along with acting on harmful bacteria. Some of these good bacteria play an important role in digestion and absorption and affecting them can alter these processes. This is why you experience diarrhoea with antibiotic treatment.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved