Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
Taxim Az 200mg Tablet Description
Taxim Az Tablet is an antibiotic medication. It contains a combination of azithromycin and cefixime as active substances. Taxim Az Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the chest
and lungs (bronchitis, pneumonia), throat (tonsillitis, pharyngitis) nose (sinusitis), urinary system (cystitis and kidney infections), ear, skin, and soft tissue. This medicine works by preventing further growth as well as killing the infection-causing bacteria. Take Taxim Az Tablet in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹45.38 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Azithromycin(250.0 Mg) + Cefixime(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain|
Uses of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
Contraindications of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to azithromycin, cefixime, or any other ingredient of Taxim Az Tablet.
- If you are allergic to erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic, or cephalosporin antibiotics. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have liver, kidney, or heart problems.
- Your blood levels of potassium or magnesium are too low.
- You develop signs of another infection.
- You are taking any ergot derivatives such as ergotamine (to treat migraine).
- You have a certain type of muscle weakness called myasthenia gravis.
- You have ever had colitis.
- You feel your heart beating in your chest or have an abnormal heartbeat, or get dizzy or faint or
- suffer from any muscle weakness.
- You develop diarrhoea or loose stools during or after treatment.
- You develop severe skin reactions after using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Taxim Az Tablet contains a combination of azithromycin and cefixime as active substances.
- Azithromycin prevents the protein synthesis in the bacteria which kills or inhibits the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
- Cefixime binds to certain proteins called penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) in the bacteria. This prevents the formation of the bacterial cell wall and causes the death of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
- Take Taxim Az Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Taxim Az Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines called antacids - used for heartburn and indigestion, warfarin or similar medicines - used to thin the blood, zidovudine or nelfinavir - used to treat HIV infections, rifabutin - used to treat tuberculosis, quinidine - used to treat heart rhythm problems, ciclosporin - used to stop your body rejecting an organ transplant. ...
- Ergotamine - used for migraine, should not be taken at the same time as Taxim Az Tablet.
- Terfenadine - used to treat hay fever or skin allergy and hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine - used to treat conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, or to treat or prevent malaria, should not be taken at the same time as this medicine as it may cause severe heart problems. ...
- Taxim Az Tablet can make the effects of medicines like digoxin - used to treat heart failure and colchicine - used for gout and familial Mediterranean fever stronger.
Storage and disposal of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
- Store Taxim Az Tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Taxim Az 200mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Taxim Az Tablet used for?
Q: Is Taxim Az Tablet banned in India?
- Yes, the Health Ministry has banned the fixed medicine combination (FDC) of azithromycin and cefixime, which includes Taxim Az Tablet.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 03 June 2022]
- Azithromycin 250 Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 03 June 2022]
- Azithromycin 250 Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 03 June 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 03 June 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 03 June 2022]