Tacrotopic Oint 10gm
Tacrotopic 0.03 % Description
Tacrotopic Ointment is used for the treatment of eczema (a condition that makes your skin itchy and red). It contains tacrolimus as its active ingredient. This medicine is used in patients who do not
respond to treatments. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. This medicine is not recommended for use by children below 16 years of age. Before using Tacrotopic Ointment, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Kivitro 0.03% Ointment 10gmBy Kivi Labs Limited10g Ointment in TubeMRP 154.00₹ 154.0019.5% CHEAPER₹ 15.4/Gram
- Tacroz 0.03% Oint 20gmBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals20g Ointment in TubeMRP 325.00₹ 276.2527.81% CHEAPER₹ 13.81/Gram
- Tacmod 0.03% Oint 30gmBy La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd30g Ointment in TubeMRP 235.00₹ 199.7565.19% CHEAPER₹ 6.66/Gram
Uses of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
Contraindications of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
Side effects of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
- Burning or tingling sensation, pain, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, peeling, redness of skin at the area Tacrotopic Ointment is applied.
- Increased skin sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from liver diseases.
- You are suffering from skin tumours or have a hereditary skin disease like
- You have a weak immune system.
- You are suffering from any rare genetic skin diseases like Netherton's syndrome.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Tacrotopic Ointment.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Tacrotopic Ointment is not recommended for use by patients below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
- Tacrotopic Ointment is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not cover the affected area of the skin with bandages, wraps or other wound dressing.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tacrotopic Ointment is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream....
- Tacrotopic Ointment should be used with caution along with erythromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole and diltiazem.
- Do not use moisturising creams and lotions within 2 hours of applying Tacrotopic Ointment.
Storage and disposal of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
- Store Tacrotopic Ointment in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Tacrotopic 0.03 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tacrotopic Ointment?
Q: Can I use Tacrotopic Ointment on the face?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Tacrotopic Ointment?
Q: For how long to use Tacrotopic Ointment?
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Tacrolimus [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]