Tacrimus Forte 0.1% Oint 10gm
Tacrimus Forte 0.1 % Description
Tacrimus Forte Ointment is used for the treatment of eczema (a condition that makes your skin itchy and red). It contains tacrolimus as its active ingredient. This medicine is used in patients who do
not respond to treatments. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. This medicine is not recommended for use by children below 16 years of age. Before using Tacrimus Forte Ointment, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Uses||Skin conditions like atopic dermatitis or eczema|
|Side effects||Application site reactions|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ATOPIC DERMATITIS|
- Tacmod Forte 0.1% Oint 30gmBy La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd30g Ointment in TubeMRP 540.00₹ 459.0042.22% CHEAPER₹ 15.30/Gram
- Tacroz Forte Xl Oint 40gmBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals40g Ointment in TubeMRP 1000.00₹ 730.0031.08% CHEAPER₹ 18.25/Gram
Uses of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
Contraindications of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
Side effects of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
- Burning or tingling sensation, pain, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, peeling, redness of skin at the area Tacrimus Forte Ointment is applied.
- Increased skin sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from liver diseases.
- You are suffering from skin tumours or have a hereditary skin disease like
- You have a weak immune system.
- You are suffering from any rare genetic skin diseases like Netherton's syndrome.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Tacrimus Forte Ointment.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Tacrimus Forte Ointment is not recommended for use by patients below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
- Tacrimus Forte Ointment is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not cover the affected area of the skin with bandages, wraps or other wound dressing.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tacrimus Forte Ointment is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream....
- Tacrimus Forte Ointment should be used with caution along with erythromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole and diltiazem.
- Do not use moisturising creams and lotions within 2 hours of applying Tacrimus Forte Ointment.
Storage and disposal of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
- Store Tacrimus Forte Ointment in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Tacrimus Forte 0.1 %
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tacrimus Forte Ointment?
Q: Can I use Tacrimus Forte Ointment on the face?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Tacrimus Forte Ointment?
Q: For how long to use Tacrimus Forte Ointment?
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Tacrolimus [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]