Styptin Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Styptin 5 MG Description
Styptin Tablet is a hormonal medicine containing norethisterone as its active ingredient. It is used to treat menstrual and gynaecological problems mainly due to hormonal imbalance. It is a synthetic
form of a female sex hormone, progesterone. It works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor and for the duration specified. You should not take this medicine if you are pregnant, suffering from jaundice or any liver disorders and have disorders related to blood clot formation. You can take this medicine with or without food, but take it at the same time every day for better results.
|Uses||Menstural and gynaecological problem|
|Side effects||Headaches, migraine, fatigue, feeling low|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Check more medicines with composition as Norethisterone(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Styptin 5 MG
Styptin Tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorders due to hormonal imbalance.
Contraindications of Styptin 5 MG
- If you are allergic to norethisterone or any of the ingredients of Styptin Tablet.
- If you have a history of jaundice or skin allergies such as pruritus during pregnancy.
- If you have disorders of lipid metabolism or abnormal cholesterol levels.
- If you often experience vaginal bleeding and it is not being diagnosed yet.
- If you have a history of breast or vaginal cancer.
- If you have active or have a history of liver-related diseases such as jaundice.
- If you have a history of heart disorders like chest pain(angina), heart attack or stroke.
- If you have blood clotting disorders such as thrombophlebitis and thromboembolism.
Side effects of Styptin 5 MG
- Feeling low
- Irregular menses
- Breast discomforts
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Change in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Styptin 5 MG
Can I take Styptin Tablet during pregnancy?
Styptin Tablet should not be used during pregnancy. In case you become pregnant during the treatment, discontinue immediately and consult your doctor.
Can I take Styptin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Generally, it does not affect the quality of milk and does not cause any harm to the breastfed baby. However, it is advised to use Styptin Tablet only under a doctor's recommendation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Styptin Tablet?
If you experience side effects like dizziness after taking Styptin Tablet, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Styptin Tablet?
Although, there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Styptin Tablet. It is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience migraines, headaches, mood changes or feel low.
- You experience sudden vision impairment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are an older person or have a habit of smoking and high cholesterol.
- You have any heart disease, disease related to blood vessels or high blood pressure.
- You may develop a risk of a cancerous or non-cancerous liver tumour on long term use of this medicine.
- You have a history of gallstones, liver disease, kidney disease, impaired sugar tolerance or asthma.
- You develop a migraine, headache, rise in blood pressure or jaundice, a doctor should stop this medicine immediately.
- You are going to have surgery, the doctor should discontinue the medicine at least four weeks before to avoid unwanted risks.
- You need to be kept under observation during the treatment to check the possibility of the formation of a clot in blood vessels.
- You are suffering from muscle twitch (tetany) or diabetes.
- You have a history of porphyria (a rare inherited blood disease) and otosclerosis (an inherited form of deafness that sometimes gets worse during pregnancy).
- You have a history of varicose veins (enlarged veins and most commonly appearing in the legs and feet).
- You have a history of a disease in which the immune system eats away the protective covering of nerves (multiple sclerosis).
Mode of Action of Styptin 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Progesterone in Styptin Tablet acts similarly to the naturally present progesterone that works in normal conditions and helps in regulating the normal functions of the uterus.
Directions for Use of Styptin 5 MG
- Styptin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Styptin 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Styptin Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking antibiotics, sedatives and medicines to treat seizures and fits.
- Styptin Tablet should not be taken along with medicines containing steroids such as Prednisone, Prednisolone and Cloprednol as there can be serious interactions.
- Styptin Tablet should not be taken along with a herbal preparation and St John’s wort used for psychiatric disorders as it can reduce the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Styptin 5 MG
- Store Styptin Tablet below 25°C, protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Styptin 5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, breast enlargement and vaginal bleeding, etc. In case of an overdose with Styptin Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Styptin Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Styptin Tablet to postpone my period?
A: No, you should not take Styptin Tablet for any condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can Styptin Tablet be used as a contraceptive?
A: No, Styptin Tablet can not be used as contraceptive medicine. Seek a doctor's advice for proper contraceptive medicine.
Q: How does Styptin Tablet work?
A: Styptin Tablet contains progesterone that is a human-made form of a natural female sex hormone. It works by acting in a similar way the natural hormone progesterone acts and helps in maintaining the optimal functions of the uterus.
Q: Can Styptin Tablet cause weight loss?
A: You may experience variations in weight after taking Styptin Tablet. However, it depends on the physiological condition of an individual and varies among different individuals.
Q: Can I take Styptin Tablet twice a day?
A: You should take Styptin Tablet as prescribed by your doctor and for the prescribed duration. Do not increase or decrease the dose of this medicine on your own.
Q: When to take Styptin Tablet - before a meal or after a meal?
A: Styptin Tablet can be taken before or after a meal. It is advisable to take this medicine at the same time every day.
Q: Can I get pregnant while on Styptin Tablet?
A: Yes, you can get pregnant while you are taking Styptin Tablet. This medicine is not a birth control medicine, thus you should use appropriate birth control measures while you are on this medicine. Talk to your doctor for more information.
- CDSCO - Norethisterone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Noriday Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Norethisterone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Noriday Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed