Sertima 25mg Tablet
Sertima 25 MG Description
Sertima Tablet is used for treating the symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings, sleep disturbances, anxiety and social fear. Sertima Tablet belongs to a class of antidepressants with sertraline as its
active ingredient. Sertraline increases serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that maintains mental balance. Sertima Tablet’s side effects include sleepiness, headache, and forgetfulness. You must consult your doctor before starting treatment with Sertima Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits. Sertima Tablets may interact with medications used in anxiety, depression, allergy, high blood pressure, diabetes, migraine, or an infection. You must talk to your doctor about all medications you are taking or planning to take.
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social phobia|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhoea, gas, heartburn, irregular menstruation|
Uses of Sertima 25 MG
- Major depression (hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (uncontrollable excessive thoughts)
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder (fearful of talking and meeting with people)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (repeated thoughts and actions)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (traumatic incidents flashbacks while asleep)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (mood swings, depression, anxiety)
Contraindications of Sertima 25 MG
- If you’re allergic to any of the ingredients present in Sertima Tablet.
- If you’re taking antidepressant medications such as linezolid.
Side effects of Sertima 25 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Sertima 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You’ve fits or have a history of fits (seizure).
- You’ve a headache, eye pain, blurred vision, or glaucoma (an eye disorder).
- You’ve liver disease, diabetes, or any blood-related disorder.
- You’re taking medicines for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Mode of Action of Sertima 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sertima 25 MG
- Sertima Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s prescription.
- Sertima Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Sertima Tablet as a whole and not chew, crush or break it.
- Sertima Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits
Interactions of Sertima 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice before taking Sertima Tablet if you are taking:
- Medicines to treat severe pain (tramadol) - Chances of serotonin syndrome increases.
- Medicines to decrease the risk of bleeding (warfarin) - May reverse the effects of warfarin and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines for migraine (sumatriptan, almotriptan) - Risk of adverse effects increases.
- Toxicity of sertraline increases, causing severe side effects when taken with medicines for high blood pressure treatment (amlodipine), medicines for infection (azithromycin), medicines for acidity (pantoprazole), medicines to treat fungal infections (ketoconazole)....
- Medicines to treat depression (citalopram) - Adverse effects of an overdose of amitriptyline may occur.
- Medicines for the treatment of diabetes (tolbutamide) - Risk of low blood sugar may increase.
Interactions with food items
- Sertima Tablet may interact adversely with
- Tryptophan containing dietary supplements
- Grapefruit juice
Storage and disposal of Sertima 25 MG
Dosage of Sertima 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology