Salofalk Gr 500mg Tablets
Salofalk Gr 500 MG Description
Salofalk Gr Tablet contains mesalazine (also called mesalamine or 5-Aminosalicylic Acid) as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis (a condition that causes inflammat
ion and ulcers in the linings of your large intestines) and also prevents its symptoms from recurring. Mesalazine works by stopping certain substances in the body that may cause inflammation. Salofalk Gr Tablet should only be taken after consulting a doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children below 6 years old.
|Contains||Mesalazine / Mesalamine / 5-Aminosalicylic Acid(500.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ULCERATIVE COLITIS|
Uses of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
Contraindications of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
- If you are allergic to mesalazine or any other ingredients of Salofalk Gr Tablet.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are allergic to salicylates (Diclofenac, aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc).
- If your child is below the age of 6 years.
Side effects of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
- Skin rash, itching
- Chest pain
- Numbness, tingling or pricking sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney related problems.
- You have any lung diseases like asthma.
- You have any problems with your heart (like any allergic reactions).
- You have experienced an allergic reaction while taking sulfasalazine.
- You may develop kidney stones (symptoms like stomach pain, blood in urine) while on treatment with this medicine. Hence you should drink plenty of water.
- Before and during treatment with Salofalk Gr Tablet, your doctor may want to monitor the liver, kidneys, blood and lungs periodically.
- Salofalk Gr Tablet is not recommended for use in children less than 6 years old.
Mode of Action of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
Interactions of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Salofalk Gr Tablet.
- You need to be cautious while simultaneously taking this medicine along with medicines like azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine (used in rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease), thioguanine (used in cancer treatment)....
- This medicine when taken along with blood thinners like warfarin (used to prevent blood clot formation) may decrease the effect of warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
Dosage of Salofalk Gr 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Salofalk Gr Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Salofalk Gr Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Is Salofalk Gr Tablet addictive?
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]