Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
By CURATIO HEALTHCARE INDIA PVT LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue, and tooth. It is a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, that belongs to the class of penicillin antibiotics. The medicine is used in children. Please inform the doctor if the child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give the medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to the child.
Uses of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml is used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections and bone, tooth, and joint infections.
Contraindications of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
- If the child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or other of the ingredients of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml .
- If the child has a history of allergic reactions to other antibiotics like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If the child had liver problems & jaundice with the medicine before.
Side effects of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
- Infection of the skin & nails
- Difficulty indigestion
- Skin rashes & irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child may develops an allergic reaction after taking Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
- Your child had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your child any liver problems.
- Your child has a kidney problem.
- Your child has a history of fits.
- Your child may experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- Your child may experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- Your child has diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with the medicine.
- Your child has difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
How Does It Work?
Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml works by the combined action of both its components: amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which may destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates the enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to perform its function.
Directions for Use of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
- Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Read the label carefully before using the medication.
- For reconstitution:
- Boil and cool the water.
- Add the water below the mark of the bottle.
- Shake well and make the volume up to the given mark of the bottle.
- A reconstituted solution must be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml with blood thinners such as warfarin, acenocoumarol increases the risk of bleeding when taken it is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- The risk of side effects increases when Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used for treating gouts like allopurinol or probenecid and to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil may be used cautiously with the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
- Store Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml at or below 25°C in original packaging to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children.
Dosage of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml
Taking Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits. Symptoms may include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness, and fluid retention. If you have given too much of the medicine to the child, then contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed giving any dose of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml , then give it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml ?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment with Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml but contact the doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It may be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: My child is allergic to penicillin, can I give Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml ?
A: Never give Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml if the child is allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects may result in the same. Always inform the doctor about the allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: How many times should Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml be taken in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml depends upon the infection or disease. The doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take the medicine as advised by the doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
Q: How long does it take for Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml to show its effects?
A: Rt Clav Dry Syp 30ml can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and may also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection may be seen after the course completion of antibiotic treatment.
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:18 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved