Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rozavel 20mg tablet is an anti-hyperlipidemic medicine used for lowering the bad cholesterol in the body and reduce the risk of heart disease. It contains Rosuvastatin as its active ingredient. It is
a lipid-lowering medication, commonly known as 'Statins'. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme involved in the formation of cholesterol levels in your body. Thus, it decreases the levels of bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol levels. You should preferably take this medicine before going to bed. This medicine should be used, along with lifestyle modifications such as a cholesterol-lowering diet and increased physical activity such as walking, running, jogging, yoga, swimming, etc. Rozavel 20mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken, preferably at bedtime to gain optimum benefits. Avoid consuming less fried oily, junk and packaged food, avoid smoking and alcohol as well....
Uses of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Rozavel 20mg tablet is used to lower your cholesterol level, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood) and prevent any heart problems like a heart attack.
Contraindications of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to rosuvastatin or any other ingredient of the Rozavel 20mg tablet.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disease, any kind of heart disease, thyroid, etc.
- If you or your family has a history of muscle disorder.
- If you are on any other cholesterol-lowering medicine.
- If you are already on other medications such as immunosuppressant medicine such as ciclosporin, etc.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Muscle pain
- Diabetes mellitus
Precautions and Warnings of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Rozavel 20mg tablet during pregnancy?
Rozavel 20mg tablet should not be used in pregnancy, as this is a lipid-lowering medicine that can harm the foetus. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might be pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take the Rozavel 20mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Rozavel 20mg tablet?
There is limited information available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effect, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with the Rozavel 20mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine. However, drinking too much alcohol raises the levels of fats in the blood. Avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an underlying medical condition such as liver or kidney disease, diabetes, thyroid problem, muscle disorder, respiratory problem, etc.
- You are elderly and experience any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You are already taking certain medications such as other lipid-lowering medicine or anti-bacterial medicines like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You experience any other symptoms after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits the enzyme, thus lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. It increases good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL)
Directions for Use of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Rozavel 20mg tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit. It should not be broken, crushed or chewed. It is recommended to take it at night before g
oing to bed....
Interactions of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way the Rozavel 20mg tablet works if taken at the same time. Discuss with the doctor regarding other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you take to avoid possible interactions....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking any other lipid-lowering medicines, antibiotics and antifungals like ketoconazole, erythromycin, anti- HIV and anti-cancer medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids that may contain aluminium hydroxide, blood thinners, etc....Read more
- It must be ensured that fusidic acid is taken in a gap with the medicine, a gap of seven days is advised.
Interactions with food items
Avoid intake of grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking the Rozavel 20mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check the expiry date before starting the treatment.
Dosage of Rozavel 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken an excessive dose of the Rozavel 20mg tablet than prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will the Rozavel 20mg tablet work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting the Rozavel 20mg tablet. Results may vary between individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: What are the precautions to follow?
- This medicine is part of a comprehensive program to reduce cholesterol levels. Avoid foods with high-fat content and exercise regularly for optimum results.
- Tell the doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Tell the doctor if you have any liver/kidney ailment.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: What lifestyle changes shall be done while taking this medicine?
- Stop smoking.
- Eat healthy balanced diet i.e. fruits, vegetables, wholegrain cereals, lean meat, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, legumes, beans and low-fat dairy products.
- Limit saturated and trans fats (mostly found in processed meat, butter, full-fat dairy products and deep-fried foods).
- Limit intake of salt and alcohol.
- Regulate weight and be physically active at least 30 min daily.
Q: Can I stop the Rozavel 20mg tablet immediately if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine, unless advised by your doctor. Stopping this medicine can increase the risk of heart related conditions.
Q: Is Rozavel 20 a blood thinner?
A: No, Rozavel 20mg tablet is not a blood thinner. It is a lipid-lowering or cholesterol-lowering medicine, which reduces the formation of bad cholesterol and improves the formation of good cholesterol levels in the body. The bad cholesterol builds up within the walls of blood vessels, resulting in an increased risk of blockages or any heart-related condition. Furthermore, Rozavel 20mg reduces such risk in an individual.
- Rosuvastatin 20mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Why You Shouldn’t Mix Grapefruit and Statins [Internet]. Healthline. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Jul 2021 | 11:40 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved