Roxizen 150mg Tablets
Roxizen 150mg Tablets Description
Roxizen Tablet is an antibiotic medicine effective against various bacterial organisms. It is used to treat various bacterial infections of the body like tonsils, sinuses, skin and other parts of the
body. It contains roxithromycin as an active ingredient. Roxithromycin interferes with bacterial cell wall formation, thus resulting in the death of the infection-causing bacteria. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed dose and duration. You should take Tablet along with food to avoid stomach upset. It should be consumed at a fixed time every day to gain optimum benefits. You should never miss or skip a dose of this medicine. Side effects such as stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache and gas can be experienced while taking Roxizen Tablet. These side effects are temporary and resolve on their own, but if it worsens visit a nearby clinic or hospital. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
Contraindications of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to roxithromycin, azithromycin or any other ingredient of Roxizen Tablet.
- If you have severe liver problems.
- If you are taking any medicine for migraine.
Side effects of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney issues.
- You have heart problems.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
- Roxizen Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of blood thinners like warfarin is said to increase when used together with Roxizen Tablet.
- The effect of medications used to treat sleep-related disorders like midazolam is increased when used with this medicine.
- Medicine used to treat gastrointestinal problems like cisapride may interfere with the effect of this Tablet when used together.
- The effect Theophylline were increased when used together with Roxizen Tablet. So in case of treatment using a high dose of theophylline precaution should be taken.
- Use of medicines to treat migraine, like ergot alkaloids with this medicine can increase the risk of side effects when used together with this Tablet.
- The effect of antiallergic medicine, like terfenadine, is increased and this may increase the risk of heart-related side effects when used with Roxizen Tablet.
- Medicine used to treat the immune system like cyclosporin.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction
Storage and disposal of Roxizen 150mg Tablets
- Store Roxizen Tablet in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.