Ridazin 10mg Tablet
Ridazin 10 MG Description
Ridazin 10 mg Tablet is most commonly used for the treatment of schizophrenia. Ridazin 10 mg Tablet belongs to the therapeutic classification of antipsychotics. The active component of Ridazin 10 mg
Tablet is thioridazine. Since this medicine can cause potentially life-threatening side effects, it is prescribed only for people with schizophrenia who have not been responsive to or cannot tolerate other antipsychotic agents. Ridazin 10 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine, and it is to be taken exactly as suggested by the physician. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience side effects, worsening of your condition, or allergic side effects. Continue taking the Ridazin 10 mg Tablet for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to complete the prescribed course of treatment. Do not give the medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms or condition as you. Do not stop taking Ridazin 10 mg Tablet suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal effects like worsening of your condition. Your doctor may taper the dosage gradually based on your medical condition before stopping it completely.
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Confusion, Hyperactivity, Lethargy, Restlessness, Headache, Dryness of mouth, Blurred vision, Constipation, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea|
Uses of Ridazin 10 MG
- Ridazin 10 mg Tablet used in,
- Treatment of Schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Ridazin 10 MG
- If you have thioridazine hypersensitivity or an allergy to any other ingredients present in Ridazin 10 mg Tablet.
- If you have congenital long QT syndrome
- Ridazin 10 mg Tablet should not be administered to those in a comatose state.
Side effects of Ridazin 10 MG
- Dryness of mouth
- blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Ridazin 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You conceive during the course of Ridazin 10 mg tablets or are planning a pregnancy.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or medicines.
- You have a history of depression or anxiety.
Mode of Action of Ridazin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ridazin 10 MG
- Always take the Ridazin 10 mg Tablet exactly as directed by your doctor.
- You can take the Ridazin 10 mg Tablet with food.
- Swallow Ridazin 10 mg Tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take the recommended dosage of Ridazin 10 mg Tablet at the same time every day for the prescribed duration.
- Do not discontinue or alter the dosage of Ridazin 10 mg Tablet without consulting your doctor.
- Do not use it post the date of expiry stated on the label.
Interactions of Ridazin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid undesirable side effects associated with medicine interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Ridazin 10 mg tablets can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with Class IA antiarrhythmics (such as quinidine, disopyramide and procainamide) and Class III antiarrhythmics (such as amiodarone and sotalol) causes an increased QTc level leading to changes in heart rhythm....
- Interaction with fluvoxamine, propranolol, and pindolol can inhibit the metabolism of thioridazine, leading to increased chances of its side effects.
- Interaction with analgesics, sedatives, anxiolytics can cause additive CNS depressant effects.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known adverse interactions of Ridazin 10 mg Tabs with food. Unless your physician suggests, there is no need to avoid any particular type of food or drink when taking Ridazin 10 mg tablets....
Storage and disposal of Ridazin 10 MG
Dosage of Ridazin 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Reddy Moulika
BDS, MDS in Periodontics and Implantology
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Ridazin 10 mg Tablets safe for elderly people?
Q: Are Ridazin 10 mg Tablets addictive?
Q: For how long should you be taking Ridazin 10 mg Tablets?
- Drugs@FDA: FDA-approved drugs. [cited 2022 Mar 14];
- DailyMed - THIORIDAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet, film coated [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Sultana A, Reilly J, Fenton M. Thioridazine for schizophrenia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev [Internet]. 2000 [cited 2022 Mar 14];(3):CD001944.
- Fenton M, Rathbone J, Reilly J, Sultana A. Thioridazine for schizophrenia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev [Internet]. 2007;(3):CD001944.