Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
By ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTD
0.4ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion contains Cyclosporine. It is used to increase tear formation and helps in the treatment of dry eyes in certain eye diseases. Use Restasis as advised by your doctor. Common side effects associated with Restasis are blurred vision and burning sensation or sensation of foreign particles in the eye. If side effects persist or your condition doesn't improve, then immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion is used to treat dry eyes, where the production of tears is suppressed due to certain eye diseases.
Contraindications of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
If you are allergic to Cyclosporine or any of the other ingredients of Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion.
Side effects of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
- Burning of eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Discharge from eyes
- Watering of eyes
- Itching and burning sensation in the eyes
- A sensation of foreign particles in the eyes
- Blurring of eyes
- Pain in eyes
Precautions and Warnings of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
Can I use Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion during pregnancy?
Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion is to be used locally as eye drops only and there are fewer chances of absorption in the blood. It is advisable to use this medicine only prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion while breastfeeding?
Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion is to be used locally as eye drops only and there are fewer chances of absorption in breast milk and blood. It is advisable to use this medicine only prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have instilled Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion?
Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion may cause blurring of vision and other vision problems. Therefore, avoid driving while using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion. However, if you consume alcohol too often, discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using contact lenses. If the contact lens is worn, it should be removed before the use of the eye drop and reinserted after 15 minutes.
- You should not touch the tip of the vial as it may contaminate this medicine and cause eye infection when the same contaminated medicine is used again.
Mode of Action of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
How Does It Work?
Dryness of eyes can be caused by reduced tear production due to inflammation. Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion increases tear formation in certain eye diseases where tear formation is stopped by normalizing the immune system.
Directions for Use of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
- Use Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
Interactions with other medicines
Since Restasis is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
- Store Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion at 15-25 °C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Restasis 0.05 % Ophthalmic Emulsion 30*0.4ml
- As Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion is meant for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have instilled extra drops of Restasis, wash your eyes thoroughly with water.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed using Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion, instill it as soon as possible. Do not instill more drops to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion?
A: Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion is used to treat dry eyes due to certain eye diseases by increasing tear formation.
Q: Is Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion steroid?
- Restasis ophthalmic emulsion medicine contains Cyclosporine, which belongs to the calcineurin inhibitor group of medicine and it is not a steroid.
Q: What precaution should I take while using Restasis?
A: You should not touch the tip of the eye drop container to prevent contamination of eye drops. There should be a gap of at least 15 minutes between the use of any two different eye drops.
Q: Can Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion cause an increase in blood pressure?
A: Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion does not cause an increase in blood pressure as it is used topically in the form of eye drops.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:19 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved